Sign in to follow this  
leckig

another noob question

8pm, I lunch ARMA, sort the servers to join one with more than 3 people, I manage to find a couple. I join the one on  the lowest ping, 10 minutes later I play.

9pm (lucky day, ARMA has not crashed yet tonight! ) my friend skypes me asking if I want to play ARMA. I tell him to join me, he asks "where" and I say, well, I am not sure...

How do I find the host name during the game? Is there any way at all? Hitting the M button gives me the name of the map, I or P gives me some more info but I could not find the host (server) name. So my friend has no information to join me, how sad...

Please, let me know if there is a way to find that out.  xmas_o.gif

I don't know if there is a way, but another way to let your mates know where you are is very simple, chek the names at the bottom of the lobby, where you select witch server you want to play in.

If you clik on a server it will list the few first players playing, so if you know that there is only something like 3 players, and that the mission is Evolution (For example) he'll get to you in no time.

I always use this feature.

Regards.

Read the server name from the list before joining it. You can also write it down if you have short-term memory problems.

thats not the point, I play often, but only sometimes I have a friend calling me to join. There must be a way to find out the host name, I mean all games have that. Maybe something from the command line?

thanks for the player list tip, this can kind of help sometimes.

I'm quite sure this situation was converted directly from OFP, and that there's no info to find out which server you're on.

The only thing you could do is asking the other players.

Thanks Trapper! I did not want to ask other players thinking that it may be very stupid question. It turns out that is not!