Sign in to follow this  
Gen.Carnage

M109a6 paladin howitzer model

Very nice mate. I am so happy both the Americans and Russians will have some atrillery. Even 1 vehicle at each side is cool biggrin.gif

Model is coming along nicely l see. It needs a bit of a work more l think. Sure BIS will give you oxygen to let those cool artillery to come out biggrin.gif

yes it still needs some more detail, like antennas and other small things like doors to the interior, but it's allmost ready

i have found out that this picture with the gigantic fireblast from the muzzle is NO fake at all.

Someone who served on the paladin for 5 years told me that underneath each powderbag (which is shoved inside the barrel underneath the shell) is a little bag of so-called dampening salt.

This special salt reduces the flame and whats more, the sound the gun makes.

He told me they fired a shot once without that little bag of salt, with amazing result.. the blast of the gun was so incredibly loud that the airpressure of the blast literally beat the snot out the loader's nose , who had a cold at the time.

He said the flames looked even bigger than the ones in the picture and that all the trees in a radius of 50 mtrs  shed most of their leaves as a result of the enormous airpressure from the barrel.

I'm sure its safe to say that this picture is taken from a shot without the dampening salt

Although i´m against selfpropelled or any other form of Arty in Flashpoint (out of game focus and balance purposes), it really is a good model of the M109.

the arty is just as powerful or as weak as we program it, if its too dominant over gameplay, it'll be tuned down.

In any case, there will be a russian counterpart as well, its progressing nicely.

On the matter of balance.. the apache and A10 etc are way too powerful too compared to ground troops, so that argumentisn't accepted at this end.

I say you could take a break from the model and see if the script idea and larger proj. works.

You could use the M1A1 model for that with of course a shorter range.

Hey Gen. Carnage,

Have you gone to the OFP Editcenter and see if any of the tools there will help or if anyone there will help you finish it? I was within 100 meters of Echo Batt 320th FA (Berlin BDE) when they did a full salvo fire. WOW What a noise. Hate to be on the receiving end of them though.

I have found a good site for US land warfare equipment that I think will assist the mod community in creating more realistic mods, there is every vehicle, gun or tank that you could think of. There are also many pics of the M109a6 Paladin.

Here is the site: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/index.html

I have found a good site for US land warfare equipment that I think will assist the mod community in creating more realistic mods, there is every vehicle, gun or tank that you could think of.  There are also many pics of the M109a6 Paladin.

Here is the site:  US Land Warfare Systems