Sign in to follow this  
RONNIE CLINE

PATCH 1.30

I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE PATCH SEVERAL TIMES AND GOT A DIFFERENT  PATCH MOST OF THE TIME. I TRIED TO INSTALL THE PATCHES AND IT TELL ME TO INSTALL THE DISK WHICH IS ALREADY IN. SUPPORT SENT A LIST OF THINGS LIKE UNINSTALL ALL CD AND IT'S TOOLS WHICH I CAN;T DO. I HAVE 1.20 AND TRYING TO GO TO 1.30 I AN DOWNLOADING FROM CODEMASTER.        RONNIE

I have the same problem and it is making me very angry... I hit the patch (I've tried it from the game directory, the desktop, etc.) and the OpFlash logo comes up for a few seconds while it reads my CD then does nothing and it's not upgraded....

The thing that pisses me off is I know this has to do with their copy protection and I actually PAID for the game!!!!! d*amnIT!!!!

I had all those same problems and while trying to fix it I screwed up my computer. So I had to reformat my hard drive and guess what...after doing that the game patched all the way to 1.30.

May not be what you want to do but it worked for me!!

Hope you fix it soon because your missing out big time.

BreakX, I hope you are joking ..... I love this game but there is NO way that I am going to bloody reformat my HDD just so that a d*amned patch will install. There *must* be some other way.

Not venting at you mate.... just bloody frustrated by the nonsense. I've had 100's of games and flight sims and scores of patches..... and NEVER had to reformat to get one to apply ... its simply CRAZY !!

Regards

Shodan

I have said it once I'll say it again

Try and install OFP into a friends Computer, if it works take out his CD ROM and place it in yours and try and load OFP and get back to me

The real problem is that the copy-protection code or its settings keep changing. There were several versions of OFP that just wouldn't work with my hardware (including V1.30), while others installed without any problems. While the behavior changed from some versions to the next, the behavior was always consistent with each particular version, i.e. it always worked, or always failed.

I contacted both Codemasters and Bohemia Interactive Studios about this, and the guys from CM I spoke to had no clue, and failed to get back to me as promised, while BIS never replied to my e-mail. As a result, I was forced to download a NoCD hack, something a legitimate owner of the game shouldn't have to do.

Anyway, if you can get OFP to work with a friends CD-ROM drive and talk him or her into swapping drives, there is no guarrantee that this is a permanent solution.

And if you were suggesting to swap drives merely to install the V1.30 patch, how would you then run the game afterwards? I would assume that the patch and game executable use the same copy-protection code and settings.

So helpful fellows.... What can we do to fix it that doesn't involve an FDISK or going to a friend's house.... When I temped at Microsoft I don't remember anyone having me travel around to fix a bug, it usually involved some sort of code fix. You may be right of course- but then I think on the Flashpoint box under the minimum system specs it should list my '91 Honda civic or equivalent vehicle and it should specify the FDISK utility as a necessary means of patching their game- BECAUSE HAD IT LISTED THOSE THINGS I WOULDN'T HAVE PAID ALMOST $50.00 US FOR THIS GAME!!!! I realize more than anyone that game companies need their software purchased rather than stolen in order to stay in business- HOWEVER- When I actually go pay for the game the security measures should not prevent me THE PAYING USER WITH A VALID CD KEY from updating their software. If the security is this buggy it makes me think that hacking it would be a breeze if one were so inclined....

FIX THIS!!!!

had this problem once. When i wanted to do the 1.27 beta patch the game thought: damm a patch again, im not accepting that...... drool crash. I uninstalled and deleted all files that were from ofp, except for the users folders which i backed up smile.gif. After that i installed it again and began the whole patching process again. Didnt have problems after that

For this to happen to some people and not to others it's probably your CD-ROM being gay with the copy protection.

I replaced my CD-ROM because it refused to read the CD somtimes

Whitch i payed for.

Had you previously installed beta patches? Try uninstalling ofp (backup save games), deleting all ofp files, and reinstalling from CD. This will revert the game back to 1.20. Install 1.30 patch. Hopefully it helps ya.

Bummer. The only other thing I can think of (short of cd hardware failure) is that the game has a reg entry that is looking for the disk on another drive other than your cd drive letter (did you add another hd or partition?). Its weird that others seem to be able to fix the prob by reformatting and reinstalling. Brrrr.

I tryed three different CD-ROM drives and a bunch of E-mails back and forth to Ron at CodeMasters and still it was a no go. He did admit that they may have some problems with the copy protection but still after I screwed up my hard drive and belive me reformating it was the last thing I ever wanted to do the patch did install so I feel it wasnt a hardware issue.

Hey that drive had Windows 95, 98,98SE and WindowsMe upgrades on it so you never know what kind of crap was still lerking in the deep. May have just caused the right problem for there copy protection not to work.

I wonder what other OS upgrades or clean installs are on the others systems having this problem?

Hey Shodan is there local Pub around the corner from you cause I think a couple of cold ones have you name on them:)

Hehehe, BreakX .... good plan, I'll get right on it. Alcohol solves most problems ... :biggrin:

Shodan

I also cannot get the 1.30 patch to work!

Referring to the FAQ ASPI.exe suggestion made earlier, the caution note says NOT to install if you have Win 98/Me/2000, or Media Player 7.x, or CD Creator 4.x, ...

and I have all this on my Dell 8100 (P4 1.3 Ghz 128 MB 8X/4X/32X CD-RW Drive).

Are we the minority in not being able to get this patch to work?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from BreakX on 7:18 am on Nov. 24, 2001

Hey that drive had Windows 95, 98,98SE and WindowsMe upgrades on it so you never know what kind of crap was still lerking in the deep. May have just caused the right problem for there copy protection not to work.

<span id='postcolor'>

Hi,

Just my opinion about OS and MS.

1. MS OS became stable after some services Packs and Upd/Upg. So first forget XP. Is not the most compatible OS to play your games now. (or buy an Xbox)

2. If you need to reinstall an OS why you don't use a clone disk tool like norton ghost. A lot of peoples said - I have reinstalled 4x win98/2000/XP and I am p***ed off bla bla.

My config are like this:

(maybe a bit long for the first time but...)

3 partition.

Step1.

on part1:

Win98se install. Latest Win98 patch and update. Bios, audio, video, nic, etc.. drivers. (MSWHQL if possible to avoid problems whith Directx) and Directx 8.x

Step2.

on part2:

Win2000 install. Latest win2000 audio,video, nic, etc.. drivers. SP2 etc... and Directx 8.x

Step3.

My clone tool is installed on part3. I make an image of my part1 to part3 named win98_clean_part, and one image of part2 to part3 named win2000_clean_part. So now I can make the mess. No problemo. Use win98 like OSgame and win2000/XP like working OS.

Now you have a multi boot PC and you can reinstall one OS in 5min crono ;-) You can make a second image or more like me Ie: 1x win98clean, 1x win98basicapps, 1x win2000clean, 1x win2000fullapps.

I hope this help some peoples

Sorry for the long thread and my bad english ;-)

Bye  

I should clarify my earlier post:

My OS is Win ME alone - what the PC came with from Dell. I've never upgraded from an earlier OS.

This doesn't rule out that there is something messed up to prevent the patch from working since Dell puts a lot of crap onto their boxes.

But as other's have said - reformatting and reinstalling is absurd. Just to get a patch to work?!

Hi guys,

Same here.... tried to install the 1.30 patch, but no avail. I did a complete uninstall and deleted the "codemaster" folders (after I backed up my save games and personal folders) and all subfolders. Did a complete install from scratch, installed patch 1.20 without any problems. Next I tried to install 1.30, but the OFP logo comes up and disappears. After that, nothing.

My DVD player (which has the OFP-CD in it) is the first drive, thus D:, so that shouldn't be a problem either. My OS is Windows ME and I have ample space available on my HD. Something IS definately wrong with this patch. sad.gif

Can we see some reaction from BIS or Codemasters please?

Regards,

Mumbly

i finally gave in and bought opflash because all my friends had it..... and to my enjoyment(not), it wont upgrade. Same problem as all of u... the upgrade splash screen......then nothing. I've tried several work arounds to no avail. I'm reaaallly pissed off. I'm tired of codemaster's crap. Insane is a GREAT game.. and they completely dropped it. Now opflash... what's up with this....there's no such thing as cd protection, ANYTHING can be copied. You guys are trying to hard, and hurting your customers and fans.

Yep I'm in the same boat as all of above.... I have performed all the checks listed above along with checks in various other FAQ... still I can't installed my new purchased game.... this is a very common problem judging by the amount of posts about it..... yet noone at codemasters has put out any information about the problem sad.gif I am certainly not buying another cd drive just to play the game sad.gif If the game didn't work with certain cd-rom drives codemasters should have place that onto the box.

i uninstalled Nero and a few other cd programs, and the update worked.