Sign in to follow this  
LR18-8

Airlifts

I was just thinking about how great it would be to be able to have a CH-47 Chinook or chopper like it, and be able to move tanks, Arty, guns, ammo troops etc etc ..... It would be great in MP if you could call in a mate and have him pick up a tank from the air base and fly it in to you!

This has most likely been asked before, I didn't see anything like it though.... would it be possible to do?

It could be done with scripting in the existing ArmA but I reckon things like this should be included as standard, without needing to download a script to use it. I haven't seen a CH-47 lifting an M1 Abrams, though o_0.

Its Max Take off is 50,000LB which is around 6 ish tons I think

so main battle tanks are out of the question but still going through a COOP with some mate on TS and getting one of them to airlift a arty gun or some ammo, vulcan?, Hummer ... or small APC's would give the game such a .....can't think of the word....GREAT-NESS tounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.gif

plus being able to pick up broken down vehicles and take them to base for re-Arm & repair! that would be top yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I agree this is a must have get a seahawk or blackhawk to bring me a humvee with a 50 cal or TOW etc OOO RA!

ya being able to transport an artillery piece to a hiltop somewhere would be awesome! i also want indirect fire like in battlefield 1942 maybe? like a forward spotter gives artillery operator coordinates etc and arty fires then adjusts then fires, but to be able to take a helicopter and take it to the top of a hill and setup shop there would be definatley rpetty awesome just like in vietnam

Although you can partly script a vehicle airlift, one common problem seems to persist.

If you airlift a tracked vehicle, like a M113, the tracked wheel driving sound activates as soon as the vehicle has horizontal movement in the air. If that could be eliminated in ArmA 2, the existing airlift scripts would probably suffice.

Although you can partly script a vehicle airlift, one common problem seems to persist.

If you airlift a tracked vehicle, like a M113, the tracked wheel driving sound activates as soon as the vehicle has horizontal movement in the air. If that could be eliminated in ArmA 2, the existing airlift scripts would probably suffice.

Do the simulate load swinging? While not a lot, just enough to make the pilot careful.

What would be usefull here is the airlift that is currently in VBS2.