Sign in to follow this  
enven

8800GTS CTD'ing...

I'm currently using Asus/Nvidia 169.06 drivers... but, with all drivers...I must force Vsync off within nvidia cp.

I'm currently in a 6 straight day Evo red+blue, alt/tab while at work or sleeping.

A ctd is rare, but do happen.

With Vsync set to any other option, ctd's will come hourly.

Yes, I've had to disabled half of my 4gig memory with these drivers to avoid the black load screen.

SWAT, good tip with Vsync off, i'll try that.

I have 169.09b , but today i;ll try 169.13b

I also have 4GB, so what do you mean by 'disabled' ? did you remove chips or just set the max mem to =something ?

rgrdz

Andy

I also battled with this problem for almost a week, ArmA v1.08 appears to hang, though it was possible to Ctrl+Alt+Del and kill Arma process then cleanly reboot.

Killing ArmA process and relaunching ArmA usually resulted in BSOD trap that others reported, irrespective of Nvidia driver version.

The resolution is very simple (if frustrating) - reduce the game effects levels from very high to high for everything

except Texture detail: Default

and Postprocess effects: Low (your preference)

8800GTX with beta driver 169.09 + ntune and WinXP Pro SP2 2GB RAM

with -maxmem=1024.

-maxmem=1024 works perfectly with ArmA on WinXP and significantly reduces in game pauses while textures are streamed from disk. I ran ArmA with lowered -maxmem setting and without and it is really painful...

If I attempt allocate more than 1024MB ArmA becomes unstable (tested on different systems)

I usually use ntune to set the fan control to direct and cooler to 100% as this significantly reduces GPU temp (by about 15c) when running ArmA.

Follow the advice above and Nvidia's uninstall previous driver versions before installing different versions.

Note I also run with mod's and this has no affect whatsoever on crashes if you bump up the effects level.

Haven't tried the Vsync off option with very high ArmA settings as I prefer Vsync on, but worth testing

I also have 4GB, so what do you mean by 'disabled' ? did you remove chips or just set the max mem to  =something ?

rgrdz

Andy

This Bios has a Memory Hole Remapping (MHR) option, which when disabled, it only allows the OS to use half of the total memory.

Quote[/b] ]

This Bios has a Memory Hole Remapping (MHR) option, which when disabled, it only allows the OS to use half of the total memory.

Ok, i'll try this, but 169.13b changed to me a lot, instead of CTD now i've proudly joined to elite The Bluescreen Society.

I try few times, after 10-15 minuts in ARMA, artefacts ocurs and BLUESCREEN + memory dump, (previously only CTD).

Andy.

Nope, I tried the 169.13b on a multiplayer LAN and ArmA CTD after 10 minutes. The strange thing is that I can play online the same match almost perfectly. icon_rolleyes.gif

I have all setting to normal and 4000m of visual range.

This nightmare never ends.... mad_o.gif

|paelleon| Lucky You:) i received super feature from upgrade 169.09b to .13b -> CTD changed for BSOD. : crazy_o.gif

1.09 PATCH will fix 8800problem, for sure.

nener.gif

Don't know, the BohemianzZ just mention that 1.09 will fix The Fog problem, so i assume someone is working on it.

Whatever it fix i hope also will fix OUR problem too.

We will see.