Sign in to follow this  
Shadow_Spyder

any newb friendly IED scripts?

Ok, So I am currently using a pretty easy to use IED script, only problem is that there are 4 differnet explosions sizes, small - huge, and I can stand fairly close to each one when it explodes, and if i'm not RIGHT on top of it, for some reason I don't get even hurt. Grenades hurt me from further distance then these. Anyone got a fairly easy to use IED scripts? Random-ness would be nice, but I have a work-around for that if it doenst come with it. Thanks.

Ok, So I am currently using a pretty easy to use IED script, only problem is that there are 4 differnet explosions sizes, small - huge, and I can stand fairly close to each one when it explodes, and if i'm not RIGHT on top of it, for some reason I don't get even hurt. Grenades hurt me from further distance then these. Anyone got a fairly easy to use IED scripts? Random-ness would be nice, but I have a work-around for that if it doenst come with it. Thanks.

the reason you can stand near them is because:

1. The bomb is spawning underground

2. The bomb is inside an object

To fix this you should spawn the bomb 1-2m above the ground and setvelocity z to -100 so you dont see it before it explodes.

Fix would be add this just under the createvehicle line.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_bomb setPos [getpos _object select 0, getpos _object select 1, (getpos _object select 2) +2]

_bomb setdir (getdir _object)

_vel = velocity _object;

_dir = direction _object;

_speed = 0;comment "Added speed";

_bomb setVelocity [(_vel select 0)+(sin _dir*_speed),(_vel select 1)+(cos _dir*_speed),(_vel select 2)];

Change the following:

_bomb is the createvehicle name

_object is the Target/Object name name

If ya have difficulty doing this plz post the script so we can work it out wink_o.gif

I'm VERY interested in this, because it looks like I can use a similar snippet to have a flare launch from a moving helo with the same general direction/start speed as the helo, right?

So, I'm looking at the code and with my admittedly poor math skills, this part seems wrong:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_bomb setVelocity [(_vel select 0)+(sin _dir*_speed),(_vel select 1)+(cos _dir*_speed),(_vel select 2)];

It looks like you're setting speed to zero, then setting the bomb's velocity (in x/y/z planes) as the velocity (in x plane) of the object + the sine of of the direction multiplied by zero (and similarly for the y plane using the cosine). But, anything times zero is zero, right? So, you're setting the x vector velocity as the velocity of the object + zero? Or, judging by the comment, is that a variable for the dev to add whatever speed he thinks necessary?

A thousand apologies if I'm just misunderstanding the math or scripting involved. smile_o.gif

I'm VERY interested in this, because it looks like I can use a similar snippet to have a flare launch from a moving helo with the same general direction/start speed as the helo, right?

So, I'm looking at the code and with my admittedly poor math skills, this part seems wrong:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

It looks like you're setting speed to zero, then setting the bomb's velocity (in x/y/z planes) as the velocity (in x plane) of the object + the sine of of the direction multiplied by zero (and similarly for the y plane using the cosine).  But, anything times zero is zero, right?  So, you're setting the x vector velocity as the velocity of the object + zero?  Or, judging by the comment, is that a variable for the dev to add whatever speed he thinks necessary?

A thousand apologies if I'm just misunderstanding the math or scripting involved. smile_o.gif

You forgot to include the 2 line above, they will get the vehicle speed and direction and add that to the object you wanna create.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_vel = velocity _object;

To fix this you should spawn the bomb 1-2m above the ground and setvelocity z to -100 so you dont see it before it explodes.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_bomb setPos [getpos _object select 0, getpos _object select 1, (getpos _object select 2) +2]

_vel = velocity _object;

Change the following:

If ya have difficulty doing this plz post the script so we can work it out wink_o.gif

sorry i put the wrong code in, It should be.

_bomb setvelocity [0,0,-100]

Thank you for your patience, Junker, and I'm really trying to understand - not just be argumentative. smile_o.gif

You said:

Quote[/b] ]You forgot to include the 2 line above, they will get the vehicle speed and direction and add that to the object you wanna create.

But, if you set the speed to 0, it doesn't matter what the direction is, since you are multiplying the direction (or really the sine/cosine of the direction) times zero, then adding it to the object velocity. Or does the * mean something other than multiply in this situation?

Thank you for your patience, Junker, and I'm really trying to understand - not just be argumentative. smile_o.gif

You said:

Quote[/b] ]You forgot to include the 2 line above, they will get the vehicle speed and direction and add that to the object you wanna create.

But, if you set the speed to 0, it doesn't matter what the direction is, since you are multiplying the direction (or really the sine/cosine of the direction) times zero, then adding it to the object velocity.  Or does the * mean something other than multiply in this situation?

* does mean multiply.

If ya dropped a bomb while hovering the bomb will still point the same way as the vehicle and fall straight down.

Ok. And that's set with the

_bomb setDir (getDir _object)

Right?

I just realized I think part of my problem is a lack of familiarity with what "units" are used in the setVelocity [x,y,z]. I mean, I guess the point is that the x velocity = _object velocity X + (sin _dir*0) is the correct formula, eh? smile_o.gif

Sorry if I've been a bother.

notworthy.gif

Ok.  And that's set with the

_bomb setDir (getDir _object)

Right?

I just realized I think part of my problem is a lack of familiarity with what "units" are used in the setVelocity [x,y,z].  I mean, I guess the point is that the x velocity = _object velocity X + (sin _dir*0) is the correct formula, eh? smile_o.gif

Sorry if I've been a bother.

notworthy.gif

remember the X = EAST Y= North and Z = Up put a minus before it and it will become the opposite

_vel = velocity _object;

Change the following:

Thanks for that bit of info. I deffinitly will try it out and see if I can get it working, and if not, I will post up my script. I won't be able to get on the PC till about 8:30 PM MST so expect either a HORRAY or some script posted shortly after that lol. Thanks again. notworthy.gif

So unfortunatly I was unable to get on the PC last night. Picked up Crysis and was on that all night, so when I get done my half day of work today, and after spending a little time wit the girlfreind, I will try this out and report back.

So unfortunatly I was unable to get on the PC last night. Picked up Crysis and was on that all night, so when I get done my half day of work today, and after spending a little time wit the girlfreind, I will try this out and report back.

LOL i myself am playing Assassins Cred On the 360 wink_o.gif

IM HOOKED I TELL YA :P

I've watched my brother-in-law play Assassins creed on the 360.... i thought it was going to be awesome, and it looks like lots of fun... cept that present day/futuristic crap kinda ruins it... why can't it just be about an assasin killin people... no, it's gotta be about a memory taker from ancesters or something.

Anywayz, back to the mission/script. Here is the IED script i am using

; Improvised Explosive Device Script

; By Jeevz

; v1.2 12/13/06

; This script will create an explosion of a

; selected size on any object when called

; The arguments are [objectName, explosionPower]

; Explosion Power will be 1 of 4 choices

; Small - Good for Anti-Personnel use

; Medium - Will usually disable a Humvee without killing the occupants

; Large - Will usually destroy a passing humvee and kill or severly injure all occupants, will disable the tracks and possibly engine on M1A1

; Huge - Nothing will survive, I mean... it's HUGE :-)

; Example script call --> [theCar, "Small"] exec "IED.sqs"

;start script

_theObject = _this select 0

_theExplosion = _this select 1

;locate the Object to be blown up

_bombLoc = GetPos _theObject

_bombLocX = _bombLoc select 0

_bombLocY = _bombLoc select 1

_bombLocZ = _bombLoc select 2

; Deterimine the ordinance used to create the explosion

? (_theExplosion == "Small") : _ammoType = "R_PG7VR_AT"

? (_theExplosion == "Medium") : _ammoType = "M_Sidewinder_AA"

? (_theExplosion == "Large") : _ammoType = "M_Sidewinder_AA"

? (_theExplosion == "Huge") : _ammoType = "Bo_GBU12_LGB"

civvy1 globalchat _ammoType

; Get the explosion size and blow the object up

? (_theExplosion == "Small") : goto "SMALL"

? (_theExplosion == "Medium") : goto "MEDIUM"

? (_theExplosion == "Large") : goto "LARGE"

? (_theExplosion == "Huge") : goto "HUGE"

#SMALL

_ammoType createVehicle[_bombLocX, _bombLocY, _bombLocZ]

_theObject setdammage 1

civvy1 globalchat "Small"

exit

#MEDIUM

_theObject setdammage 1

civvy1 globalchat "Medium"

exit

#LARGE

_theObject setdammage 1

civvy1 globalchat "Large"

exit

#HUGE

_theObject setdammage 1

civvy1 globalchat "Huge"

exit

Any help with placing your bit of script into it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

under each createvehicle line wink_o.gif

"OFFTOPIC" I do like the medival part of assassins Creed as it not got any of that fairy bashing - magic spells CRAP as for the futuristic bit yeah it is abit overboard but you mainly play the assassin wink_o.gif

PS I bet SUMO plays it alot :P

under each createvehicle line  wink_o.gif

"OFFTOPIC" I do like the medival part of assassins Creed as it not got any of that fairy bashing - magic spells CRAP as for the futuristic bit yeah it is abit overboard but you mainly play the assassin   wink_o.gif

PS I bet SUMO plays it alot  :P

So, in sections like

#LARGE

I have to add your script under all 13 of them?

~~EDIT~~ Also, not sure about what to name it either. You said

"Change the following:

_object is the Target/Object name name"

any tips for that part now that you can see the script i'm using?

id script like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_i = 10

#loop

_ammoType setPos [getpos _bombLoc  select 0, getpos _bombLoc  select 1, (getpos _bombLoc  select 2) +2]

_i = _i -1

? _i < 1: goto "next"

~0.4

goto "loop"

#next

_theObject setdammage 1

exit

Something like this.

id script like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_i = 10

#loop

_ammoType setPos [getpos _bombLoc  select 0, getpos _bombLoc  select 1, (getpos _bombLoc  select 2) +2]

_i = _i -1

~0.4

goto "loop"

#next

_theObject setdammage 1

exit

Something like this.

Alrighty, now I'm lost more... Does that stay the same for basicly all of it? Just the ammo-type changes?

~~EDIT~~ I tried just erasing the entire Large section of the script and adding yours. It works, but with an error at the top-left which I didn't right down. As well as it seems like it explodes like 3-4 times.. My guy gets damages, then damaged again, then damaged again, then finially it will kill me, but by that time i'm looking up at the sky and badly damaged, where i'd like it to just BAM and either wound me if i'm to far, or kill me if i'm in range.

id script like this:

#loop

_i = _i -1

~0.4

goto "loop"

#next

_theObject setdammage 1

exit

Something like this.

Alrighty, now I'm lost more... Does that stay the same for basicly all of it? Just the ammo-type changes?

~~EDIT~~ I tried just erasing the entire Large section of the script and adding yours. It works, but with an error at the top-left which I didn't right down. As well as it seems like it explodes like 3-4 times.. My guy gets damages, then damaged again, then damaged again, then finially it will kill me, but by that time i'm looking up at the sky and badly damaged, where i'd like it to just BAM and either wound me if i'm to far, or kill me if i'm in range.

if ya want one big bang take out the ~0.4 line.

As for the error i need to know whats causing it so plz post the error here smile_o.gif

Alright, got the multiple explosions fixed by taking out that line. Here is the error I get:

'_ammotype setpos [|#|getpos _bombloc select 0, getpos _bombl...'

Error getpos: Type Array, expected object

Try this

#loop

_bomb = _ammoType createVehicle[_bombLocX, _bombLocY, _bombLocZ]

_ammoType setPos [getpos _bomb select 0, getpos _bomb select 1, (getpos _bomb select 2) +2]

_i = _i -1

goto "loop"

#next

_theObject setdammage 1

exit

Not tested it so it might not work

Try this

#loop

_ammoType setPos [getpos _bomb  select 0, getpos _bomb  select 1, (getpos _bomb  select 2) +2]

_i = _i -1

goto "loop"

#next

_theObject setdammage 1

exit

Alright, tested, and now I get another error, but it still explodes as it should, i just don't wanna have the error lol. New error says:

'_ammoType |#|setPos [getpos _bomb select 0, getpos _...'

Error setpos: Type String, expected Object

Try this

#loop

_ammoType setPos [getpos _bomb  select 0, getpos _bomb  select 1, (getpos _bomb  select 2) +2]

_i = _i -1

goto "loop"

#next

_theObject setdammage 1

exit

Alright, tested, and now I get another error, but it still explodes as it should, i just don't wanna have the error lol. New error says:

'_ammoType |#|setPos [getpos _bomb select 0, getpos _...'

Error setpos: Type String, expected Object

That's because you're trying to setpos an ammotype, not an object tounge2.gif I didn't look into the whole script, but try this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_bomb = _ammoType createVehicle[_bombLocX, _bombLocY, _bombLocZ]

_bomb setPos [getpos _bomb  select 0, getpos _bomb  select 1, (getpos _bomb  select 2) +2]

That's because you're trying to setpos an ammotype, not an object tounge2.gif I didn't look into the whole script, but try this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_bomb = _ammoType createVehicle[_bombLocX, _bombLocY, _bombLocZ]

_bomb setPos [getpos _bomb  select 0, getpos _bomb  select 1, (getpos _bomb  select 2) +2]

Well, I didn't get an error, but a new problem has arrisin. Now the "bomb object" starts out in the sky, flys about 10 feet over and then explodes away from the actual spot the IED should be. Looked like an RPG fired out of the sky... But thanks, were getting closer to a finished product lol

_bomb setPos [getpos _bomb select 0, getpos _bomb select 1, (getpos _bomb select 2) +2]

Well, I didn't get an error, but a new problem has arrisin. Now the "bomb object" starts out in the sky, flys about 10 feet over and then explodes away from the actual spot the IED should be. Looked like an RPG fired out of the sky... But thanks, were getting closer to a finished product lol

change ammotype Your using rockets and they will fly off.

Try tank type shells.

Weapons and Ammo Classes

change this part

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; Deterimine the ordinance used to create the explosion

AT And AA are no good for IEDs smile_o.gif

change ammotype    Your using rockets and they will fly off.

Try tank type shells.

Weapons and Ammo Classes

change this part

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; Deterimine the ordinance used to create the explosion

AT And AA are no good for IEDs  smile_o.gif

Good idea lol. I changed them from the origionals to see if I could get bigger explosions, but since you've got the explosions above ground and working good now, this should be oK to go back to origionals. Thanks, will test when I get home from work!