Sign in to follow this  
iceman77

View distance set on map or on server?

I've heard various things about this...I usually make maps with a view distance script set for 1200m..People have told me that the server settings control the view distance , others say its the script for your map...Which is it? wow_o.gif

I believe there is a 3rd party tool made by Doolittle to make certain things for the server but if you dont use his tool you need to have a line in the init.sqf setviewdistance = ??

Doolittles thread HERE

If distance isnt set on the map, then your stuck with the servers setting which wont be very far if its not been edited in the config.

To reliably override the server settings you must use a delay trigger, condition true, of say 5 seconds, that calls

setViewDistance 1400

for example in it's on-activation field.

Map-sqm-defined settings get overridden by the server, but commands that run after the map loads are not overridden.

WarWolf @ Nov. 13 2007,08:31)]To reliably override the server settings you must use a delay trigger, condition true, of say 5 seconds, that calls

setViewDistance 1400

for example in it's on-activation field.

Map-sqm-defined settings get overridden by the server, but commands that run after the map loads are not overridden.

activating trigger to change viewdistance its not clever.

in init.sqf/sqs put line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">setViewDistance 1200;

not <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">setViewDistance = 1200

Sure there was a reason I used a trigger though. Maybe getting confused with delay for fog and weather. Dunno