Sign in to follow this  
hypno toad

Survival

my first beta is ready soon, about 97% complete

(just small tweaking needed and 3 textmessages)

if i cant finish it today (sunday 6.1.) i will put it on a ftp nonetheless so you can have a look

Fun mission!!!!!!!!!

You need to go back in it and turn off the edit part that allows you to see all the spawned units tho. (it was fun tho to see them running around on the map tho)

I like the intro!! The helo crash was verry well done.

Over all it was a fun mission and I hope others try it.(better to plug the KAOS-ZOMBIES whistle.gif )

thanks for the feedback, prototype smile_o.gif

i didnt know where i could turn the editor part off, i thought this was done automatically if its not played from within the editor?

and what did you mean by "pluag the kaos zombies"?

a thing i noticed is that sometimes, when ejecting, someone dies....but since its in the start just restart the mission wink_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif  LOL I edited the zombies. I just want to see more ppl use them in missions. yay.gif  yay.gif

To fix the part in the init that showes the zombies on map go to init file and set it to false just like in this example:

nul = [WEST, [Resistance], [], [1,1], false] execVM "coop_essential\cep_init.sqf";

Still love the opening! I'm having soo much fun with this! notworthy.gif

got it

it's good and moody

we need more zombie missions like this

but a few things;

1. too dark to be played without extra light..

would be impossible if i didn't have the flashlight mod installed

2. the team members are (again) completely oblivious to the zombies

they just stand there, minding their own business when a zombie is eating their brain

they won't even act when i order them to attack

the men at the base attack though

having the team members working would probably make the darkness easier to play in aswell

3. i reached the base, killed all the zombies (with 4 surviving base-soldiers) and nothing happened

a trigger bug?

I have the same problem as you s_hole. Do you get an error message saying something about survivers not found etc...?

thank for trying smile_o.gif

1.) i didnt know about the team members not firing, i dont think there is anything i can do...but you can play it in coop (not dedicated-tested but should work own playerserver) or just leave the soldiers at the start

2.) the darkness is intended; there are flares at the graveyard...i had no problems but maybe other brightness settings? try some that let you see something, but not much

3.) will look into the trigger

4.) will remove the zombiemarkers

edit:

updated version

triggers work now (at least they did with me)

didn't see any flares

i saw an ammo box at the graveyard but i couldn't use it

i tried crawling all around it

i got several error messages here and there throughout the mission

mostly about some stuff i assumed was radio messages

the team members not reacting to zombies also happened with some other zombie mod.. can't remember which

what happened with the original idea which sounded more open ended?

this is fun and all, but linearity gets old fairly quick

i still play evolution constantly

dont have more time on hand than for a simple linear mission...simple as that smile_o.gif

but i hope the creators of the idea will carry it on

Yeah, I have stopped making this mission since quarantine, it basically accomplished what I was attempting to do.

Hypno toad dont stop dude! You had some things I loved in your mission man. Keep going with what you got. Any helpyou need we would be happy to give. notworthy.gif

Keep up the good work.

I guess I could continue, but nobody answered my question in the the arma editing forums, asking how to make triggered NPC spawns and triggered NPC removal.

Until I get an answer, I can not continue.

I am still trying to learn how to spawn zombies.

But, I am going to continue using NeM zombies, I found you can place around 70 or so, before is starts to lag too much.

So, seeing as they are smarter, and can infect people, I can place less of them, and the game will still be more fun.

Also, I am redesigning the mission, I have a story now, and there are going to be a bunch of unique elements to the game.

I will edit the first post with the new information.

yeah nems zombies are a lot like the infected in 28 days/weeks later.. love em. too bad they literally pause the game to do calculations lol. dont give up toad