Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

What i would like to see.

I would love for someone to make a mission where there is a huge battle.

One where there are like a couple U.S. battalions fighting head on with a couple Soviet battalions.

Like complete warfare. One where bullets are flying everywhere and explosions everywhere. No tanks, planes, choppers, or armor. Just infantry, jeeps and truck, and mounted machine guns.

And you are just another infantry or are an M60 machine gunner unit in the mist of the main battle.

I think a battle like that would be cool as hell. And I am not talking about the 2 sides far away from eachother. I am talking about the 2 sides all in eachother in a very small area! Like a couple thousand men on each side. Like there are people dropping dead all around you (both allies and enemies) and you are doing your best to survive.

It should have that feeling of that first main battle in the move "saving private Ryan" only the enemy will be all around close by. Everyone will be shooting and yelling! Wow!

well that would be cool but would lag for me but also i think they have a map like that in your single map section called battle fields i think

Are you sure?? I don't remember a "battlefields" in the single player selection menu.

Hmm, I'll check. Though I bought the box when it came out earlier, nothing fancy, and havn't dounloaded any patches or upgrades or anything since I bought it. And never play online.

But I'll still check, maybe I just missed it.

Ok, I checked, there was no battlefields.

The last 3 missions I had were, the big assualt where you comman like alot of tanks.

Revenge, you are a Russian in this one.

And Vulcan, where you are on the beach relaxing.

If you are playing straight out of the box and not playing online you won't have that particular map.

That map is slightly similar to what you are talking about but nowhere near the scale.

Basically for you to play a map with 10,000 soldiers on OFP you'd need to lease time on a supercomputer, details as follows:

7.5-teraflop IBM computing cluster at The NuTec Sciences supercomputing center. It is supported by 2.5 terabytes of memory, 50 terabytes of online disk storage and a high-bandwidth networking infrastructure. It might be able to meet your needs. They are currently using it to research the human genome but I'm sure they can spare some time.

NuTec Life Sciences Division

1201 West Peachtree Street

Suite 800

Atlanta, GA 30309

USA

Tel#: 404-870-3300

Fax#: 404-870-3310

You might want to patch your OFP before you install it on their server because you get a very much improved playing experience and of course those extra maps. You should also have a look at playing online as it is fanastic.

Regards,

not w/ current netcode..maybe expansion pack will fix his up...then we can have better on-line experience..but that doesn't mean we'll have 1000 fighting on an island...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Feb. 25 2002,09:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you are playing straight out of the box and not playing online you won't have that particular map.<span id='postcolor'>

That's not true.

Be sure to download the patch from the offical OFP homepage, www.flashpoint1985.com.

I have played battlefields, it is a blast, but my 32megs of video ram can't really handle that many units and mayhem on the screen at one time.. confused.gif

Guest Scooby

It is impossible to make AI to work together because there is no command structure.