Sign in to follow this  
-10thMT-Tack-Up

Summer House Idea

I have a model for a house, and i want to put it into arma, but i have not idea where to start with the LODS and MLEODS and all that jazz, so if someone would like to help, much would be appreciated. I think this addon would be great for Sahranivlle or some Cop oriented mission.

house.jpg

Remember this is not my model, just trying to get it into ArmA.

Well basically you make a copy of the model and remodel it until it has at least 50% of the polygons taken out while still maintaining the same rough shape (in other words, removing details and altering the model to make it as least noticeable as possible). Then you make a copy of this model (lod) and do it again until you end up with a very low polygon model. Now you map the textures onto these lods and voila! You have (config and selections aside) made an object-addon! smile_o.gif

Also a picture of the house would be nice wink_o.gif

Could you PM me your MSN Messanger to discuss this futher on, and hell i will even give you some credit, because the more people help the cooler it will become.

icon_rolleyes.gif This would have been better posted in the WIP stuff you are making topic imho...Anyway.

Quote[/b] ]JdB:

Well basically you make a copy of the model and remodel it until it has at least 50% of the polygons taken out while still maintaining the same rough shape (in other words, removing....).

Although your principle is ok, i personally don't follow that.

Meaning, in theory it is fine to have each following res lod have -50% but imho ingame that is not good. I rather go with a +-25% reduction, at least for the first 3-4 lods. Why? Because especially on lower end pc's you will quickly how swapping lods and this will be noticable. 50% is sometimes just not possible without noticing it. In the end you want to make as much lods so the engine has more lods to pick out when it is getting heavy (at least that is what i thought...).

As for how. Sadly O2 isn't up for a easy reduction methode, afaik. You will need a good 3d program that can reduce edges and faces without loosing UV cords.

Meaning, in theory it is fine to have each following res lod have -50% but imho ingame that is not good. I rather go with a +-25% reduction, at least for the first 3-4 lods. Why? Because especially on lower end pc's you will quickly how swapping lods and this will be noticable. 50% is sometimes just not possible without noticing it.

It's a guideline, not a universal fix for all models wink_o.gif

smile_o.gif True and no hard feeling. But was just wondering if [10thMT]Tack-Up knew that wink_o.gif .

Well most of the times the model speaks for itself what can and needs to be 'deleted' or reduced. Sometimes it needs workaround in modelbuild to not reduce much visible impact but a poly impact (had to tell, but optimize drasticly).

Ok, I need some help with this

Link to pic: Pic

(Over 100 kb)

How do i get that thing out of the ground, and how can i make those windows see through? Because on the inside you can see out of them.

Tack-Up @ Nov. 07 2007,20:44)]Ok, I need some help with this

Link to pic: Pic

(Over 100 kb)

How do i get that thing out of the ground, and how can i make those windows see through? Because on the inside you can see out of them.

On the inside you can see out of them because they are planes with no face on the back. The way to make the windows see through is to UV map the model, and then apply a transparent texture to the windows.

Nice model, though smile_o.gif

Abs