Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Help!

Right, I am living on a university campus. Unfortunately, we have to use ntl to connect to the net. 56k as well.

Now, the problem is the following: the phone number that I have to dial is the following: 9,,,PINNUMBER,,PHONENUMBER

The 9 opens the line. The 3 commas make the modem wait for a bit, then it dials my PIN number, then it waites some more and diales the phonenumber to connnect to the server. The problem is, after I dial 9 I should hear a women's voice asking me to input my PIN. However, it doesn't do that for me, no matter how many commas I use. If I leave 9 as the phone number, then the women's voice does come up though

What is going on?

Don't suggest calling the ntl helpline, they are useless, they refused to help me by saying that Win XP Pro is not supported.

Please help me, I have to get online

Only people from the UK and that know what I am talking about reply please.

I konw what your talking about but dont know how to help you sad.gif

Its a pain in the arse trying to get the internet to work.

I moved house a few weeks ago and it took two weeks to get back online sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ Feb. 25 2002,00:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I konw what your talking about but dont know how to help you sad.gif

Its a pain in the arse trying to get the internet to work.

I moved house a few weeks ago and it took two weeks to get back online sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm....if u r affiliated in any way with the ppl that are featured in ur avatar...maybe u or one of ur mates could go around to ntl and tell them to give me access now or else...;)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ Feb. 25 2002,01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I moved house a few weeks ago and it took two weeks to get back online sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It took over 4 months to get my internet working. Damn ISP. mad.gif

Ok, my mate came over with his laptop and modem. Guess what: he couldn't connect at all!!!! The obvious conclusion is that the phone line is broken mad.gifmad.gif FFS!!!!!

I had a faulty phone line and everytime BT came around all I got was, "OH,umm, not sure on what Ive been asked to do....I'll have to go and check".

Next week:different engineer "right so you want me to sort out the faulty line?"

ME" biggrin.gif "

BT: "Oh, they havent told me to do that, I'll go to the office and fing out"

Next week: finally, they islalled the phone line sad.gifmad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ Feb. 25 2002,22:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I had a faulty phone line and everytime BT came around all I got was, "OH,umm, not sure on what Ive been asked to do....I'll have to go and check".

Next week:different engineer "right so you want me to sort out the faulty line?"

ME" biggrin.gif "

BT: "Oh, they havent told me to do that, I'll go to the office and fing out"

Next week: finally, they islalled the phone line sad.gif  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, but you are "just" on BT.

I am on NTL, that have an exclusive contract bla-bla thingy running with the University!!!!! How screwed up is that!? Means NTL has to get persmission from Security to enter Student Accomodation first...then they have to realise that there is a problem....man, I can see it coming: me:phone line is faulty. him: no its not, you can talk over the phone, cant ya. me: modem wont work on phone line. him: ur modem is broken then. me: and 2 of my mates' modems as well? him: gotta check with hq.

mad.gifmad.gif

This is Britain. This is supposed to be a G7 country mad.gif Why is half the country in a worse state than bloody India mad.gif