Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

how to check the hover state?

hi forum..

i have been looking a while at the wiki now, but i cant seem to find a command that dose what i need.. or maybe i am just missing it..

anyway.. i need to know if thers a command that can check if an aircraft is in hover mode. is there a way to do that ?

the action "AUTOHOVRE" only toggles the state on/off.

i coud realy need some help on this! is ther some simple command i have over looked? pherhaps there is a way to check the exausth position. with animationtate. or simelar. i tried it with no luck.is ther a way to check if the user action has been activated?. Anyone with some great ideas?

maybe you could tell us a little more... some might find a workaround.

what more is ther to tell. i makeing a script that suppose to do one thing if hover mode is on and another thing if its off. so i need to know how i can check if its on or not. i find no command that does that. a workaround would be nice.

As far as I know, that can't be done, but I may be wrong. There is maybe a couple alternate options though.

If you're wanting to penalize for autohover or something, you could just force it to off the same way you would force someone to eject, by using the associated action.

If you're wanting something to be able to be done only when in a hover, you could check against the helicopter's speed instead, and if it's less then x do your thing.

I'm just speaking in generalities here, until I know that one of those will work for you maybe.

no. i find it hard to belive it cant be done. maybe thers a way to check if the hover icon is present on the display. but not sure about that.

if you intended to only discover if a client (player) had activated auto-hover...

1. you could check if the 'AutoHover' ('2x\' in default ArmA setup)key had been pressed, and whether the 'AutoHoverCancel' ('\' in default setup) key had been pressed.

This would require you to trap the keyboard use... doable, but a bit of an overkill. And, meaningless if the person in question doesn't actually use this method to activate/deactivate the hover mode.

2. create a higher priority 'Auto-hover On' / 'Auto-hover Off' action menu item... be a bit confusing 'cause there would be 2 menu items...

3. possibly you could make an addon to remove or replace the standard auto hover action menu item... dunno, haven't tried...

all of the above are untested and just pure speculation...

ok. it looks like i have to remove the action and make a new one. what script is the current action executing? i unpbo the air.pbo file but cant find any ther. i can see something called VTOL in cfgVehicles ther. i guess that has something to do with auto hover.

Maybe check the animation state of the nozzles? How to find them, I dont know..

Seriously, what are you trying to do? Autohover is just a means to an end, so what's your end result? If we knew that, perhaps we could think of something.

ok let me put it this way..

in real life a harrier can only hover for about 90 sec's before it runs out of water. yep water.. the water is for cooling down the "nozzels" exusth!

so what i want to do it check the hover state of the aircraft.

if its hovering. then a script is executing counting down form 90 sec's to 0.. when 0 is reached it starts to dammage the aircraft "If the harrier is flying". otherwize stop the script and continue as normal...

so what i need is to check the hoverstate of the aircraft. "on/off" since i dont want the script to be runing when autohover is off..

for this job it looks like a addon is needed.. or maybe thers a way to read the "Id's" text of the useraction menu for the aurohover menu, "auto-hover on / auto-hover off".. if this is some sort of dialog box i guess it has a id number and the text inside it can be readed..

some cheap workaround cheking the speed and hight i dont want any thing to do with,

Quote[/b] ]some cheap workaround cheking the speed and hight i dont want any thing to do with,

I think the cheap workaround simulates not too bad what happens in RL,

and it's easy to do...