Sign in to follow this  
Risasi

Checking Framerate

Anybody here know how to get a FPS display while in-game, WITHOUT using dxdll?

I'm trying to create a concise analysis of what kind of framerate hit one suffers from running dxdll. When testing with vanilla OFP I haven't found a way to display this info so I can compare between dxdll and no dxdll. (Heisenberg's theory applies)

Thanks

---

P.S. I have a bunch of different computers laying around my house and the office (Everything from P-3's to AMD XP's to Core 2 Duo Pentiums), and a bunch of different video cards.

I'm trying to put together a report of what kind of performance one can expect from their computer.

Hmm, so what you guys are saying is there is no built in framerate display?

Wow. That's bad.

Alright, I guess I'll have to live with it. What I was doing was installing dxdll, then disabled everything but FPS display. However it still seemed that I was taking a performance hit.

My concern is any of these other programs might also give me a invalid data. Hardly scientific, but I guess I'll have to work with what I got. I'll download Taksi and see how it compares with dxdll.

Thanks guys.

Do a search here in the forums, I recall that people have presented ArmA & OFP scripting solutions for finding the framerate.

It is probably in the mission editing forum but I'm not sure.

Edit: One thread (but I think there is more discussion about it than just this thread):

Release: In-game FPS counter, frames per second script by sbsmac

Edit: changed post to reflect the fact that this is at the OFP board...