Sign in to follow this  
USSRsniper

Destruct textures

@bdfy...

as i said, i'm sorry i posted in this thread as damage textures/materials are totaly fine and have nothing to do with the issue i have identified. well sorta nothing to do... but still relevant no the less... imo.

please, go over to that thread if you want to discuss it further. obviously, in this thread i have given you the impression that damage textures/materials will not work... however, no where (i think) in my post have i actually said this... i made a general statement earlier that 'you won't get materials to work if you do it one way' but what i should have said was something a bit more specific. my apologies, i did not intend to include in this statement the damage textures/materials that have always been detailed within the config and not in the model itself...

however, if you go over to the other thread - hopefully, i explained or detailed the issue that i am referring to enough for you to understand... if not, i could probably go to the extent of showing you hex dumps and explaining in detail what the materials section of an odolv40 model file is meant to look like and what is produced by Binarize.exe.

i'll have to adjust my style of imparting info. obviously it is akward...

Well, something strange must be going on with the weapon models I've been Bianrizing lately, because it would appear that the normal maps and spec maps (defined via the RVMATs, not the cfgmaterialtotexture) seem to work ABSOLUTELY fine. E.G. The Aimpoint dot glows (due to the RVMAT), the engraving on the MP5's receiver has normal maps (due to the RVMAT) etc. Maybe it depends on the type of model as to whether or not Binarize works correctly with RVMAT files?!

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ]Rvmat

-----

Current version of binarize doesn't support rvmat files and these must be copied manually.

That basically means it doesn't automatically convert the RVMAT files like it does a texture. In my opinion it doesn't mean it doesn't convert their use (so provided the RVMAT files are still in the directory pointed to by the model(s) that use them, they'll work).

@Jackal326... If you pop over to the other thread i have provided some links to an example of what i refer to... I don't doubt you are certain that your Binarized models are working well and they may well be... can you provide a detailed example of said working binarized model as per the examples in posted?

preferably... over in that thread...

After all fo this time, my models are still without destruct textures. no matter what i try they don't want to work crazy_o.gif

If you like, send me a (non-Bin'ed) sample and I'll see what I can do ......

2nd pair of eyes may be all it needs.