Sign in to follow this  
Linker Split

Buldozer doesn't load

The visitor tutorials on the wiki say the sat/mask should be 1 pixel per meter. (which seems to work ok)

His image is 10240 and terrain 20480, and your saying thats correct.

It is, you just get less detailed satellite texture. If you set the project correctly, you may use smaller satellite images - this allows you to make really huge maps without need to edit impossibly big (=uneditable) input images.

what i can understand is that Visitor3 RC still doesn't accept textures with different names than the original one

No, you probably forgot to change some path somewhere. You can name your texture whatever you fancy, provided you will not forget suffices (_CA, _NOHQ, _MCO). Also, for detail textures, try to use _DETAIL_CA and _DETAIL_NOHQ suffices (so for your "grass" texture, texture names should be: grass_detail_ca.png, grass_detail_nohq.png, grass_mco.png).

The visitor tutorials on the wiki say the sat/mask should be 1 pixel per meter. (which seems to work ok)

His image is 10240 and terrain 20480, and your saying thats correct.

It is, you just get less detailed satellite texture. If you set the project correctly, you may use smaller satellite images - this allows you to make really huge maps without need to edit impossibly big (=uneditable) input images.

what i can understand is that Visitor3 RC still doesn't accept textures with different names than the original one

No, you probably forgot to change some path somewhere. You can name your texture whatever you fancy, provided you will not forget suffices (_CA, _NOHQ, _MCO). Also, for detail textures, try to use _DETAIL_CA and _DETAIL_NOHQ suffices (so for your "grass" texture, texture names should be: grass_detail_ca.png, grass_detail_nohq.png, grass_mco.png).

thanks for your answer Edge, I'll try it again, but that's what I did...

anyway, what I saw is that also the BI islands have the same "problem" but their transition textures appear more smooth... as you can see, mine are really weird (indeed you see sorts of squares)...

that's the problem I'm trying to solve...

Hmm could you post an example of this occurring on a BIS island?

Come to think of it, are your textures seamless?

class Layers

{

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class terrain

{

texture = "BHD_mogadishu\data\terrain_mco.png";

material="BHD_mogadishu\data\terrain.rvmat";

};

class beachsand

{

texture = "BHD_mogadishu\data\beachsand_mco.png";

material="BHD_mogadishu\data\beachsand.rvmat";

};

class sand

{

texture = "BHD_mogadishu\data\sand_mco.png";

material="BHD_mogadishu\data\sand.rvmat";

};

class grass

{

texture = "BHD_mogadishu\data\grass_mco.png";

material="BHD_mogadishu\data\grass.rvmat";

};

};

class Legend

{

picture="BHD_mogadishu\Source\MapLegend.png";

class Colors

{

terrain[]={{86,77,52}};

beachsand[]={{190,168,158}};

sand[]={{127,114,87}};

grass[]={{47,81,34}};

}

};

If this is still your layers.cfg i suggest to dump your layers folder and start over after you change from PNG to PAA in the layers.cfg.

convert the textures to PAA in the data folder, then change all PNG to PAA in the rvmat files in your DATA folder, only then reimport into visitor.

YOU DONT HAVE TO CHANGE THE "legend.png"

Then tell me what happend. smile_o.gif

Oh and dont know who said it , but you CAN use custom names on textures, or even complete custom textures.

Good luck,

Alphons

hi all!

Well, I figured out how to solve that problem... for what i understood, it's a NOHQ plus a mapsize problem...anyway, now i started making Mogadishu...I think the city will cover about 1.5x1km (78x20.0meters and about 50x20.0meters)