Sign in to follow this  
Linker Split

Buldozer doesn't load

I installed Visitor3, then I followed Opteryx tutorial, and I want to see the new terrain (only the elevation map, not the textures) in buldozzer, but it doesn't start!

I click "connect to buldozzer" but nothing happens..

can you help me?

plzzzzzzzzzz sad_o.gif

#EDIT

Ok, problem solved, since I wrote the command line in the "Real time working dir" box biggrin_o.gif

but now the problem is:

i wrote this command line:

C:\armed assault\arma.exe -window -cfg=p:\arma.cfg -maxmem=2048

and i get this error

erroroz9.jpg

Provided the path you entered is correct and the cfg file you mention does exist at the location specified....

.....I would say that as your path contains spaces, that you need to enclose it in quotes:

"C:\armed assault\arma.exe" -window -cfg=p:\arma.cfg -maxmem=2048

Maybe

Planck

Provided the path you entered is correct and the cfg file you mention does exist at the location specified....

.....I would say that as your path contains spaces, that you need to enclose it in quotes:

"C:\armed assault\arma.exe" -window -cfg=p:\arma.cfg -maxmem=2048

Maybe

Planck

thanks plank, but i solved the problem, I forgot to put -buldozer parameter ^^'

now, I can load buldozer, but I can't move inside it!

i tried all the keys form my Kboard, but nothing...

Buldozer is ArmA in 'buldozer' mode - you already knew that...

like ArmA, Buldozer accepts many of the commandline parameters that ArmA utilizes for playing the game...

eg.

On my computer the P:\ drive was already allocated to a physical hdd, so in my setup for Vistor & O2PE the V:\ drive is mapped to ArmAWork in the mapdisk.bat...

that's background... so...

in the root of my V:\ drive (the mapped ArmAWork) i have a file called product.cpp.

following is the contents of this file...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

profilePathDefault="";

profilePathCommon="";

extensionSave="ArmASave";

extensionProfile="ArmAProfile";

extensionWizardMission="ArmAWizardMission";

extensionAddon="ArmAAddon";

In Visitor3 i have the following in my 'System Preferences'.

v31.jpg

Also, when Vistor3 installed to 'ArmAWork' which in my case is mapped to 'V:\'... it created a config.cpp.

if you open it, you might want to change the following lines as well...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

profilePathDefault = "Ca";

profilePathCommon = "Ca Profiles";

to...

profilePathDefault = "";

profilePathCommon = "";

After setting the above in V3, if you hit the 'exclamation mark' on the toolbar for 'connect/disconnect to viewer Buldozer' it creates a 'V:\Users\<YourUserName>' folder.

In that folder is a 'profile' file called '<YourUserName>.ArmAProfile'... as per the '-name=<YourUserName>' parameter for the commandline in Vistor3.

this profile file will be used by Buldozer when you run it from Vistor3.

You can either edit it directly with a text editor to change the appropriate key mappings. Or, while in Buldozer from Vistor3... press the 'F1' function key... you can work the rest out from there i think.

I've created my first map with custom textures and objects... but there's a little little problem:

problemwt6.jpg

how to avoid these type of ugly problems?

here is a part of the map in costruction:

myscreenww1.jpg

plz someone help me, with these texture square seems like an OFP island!

What are all the terrain settings and sat/mask dimensions?

settag7.jpg

Sat_LCO.png: 10240x10240 px

Mask_LCO.png: 10240x10240 px

4 types of textures:

----------------

beachsand_detail_co.paa = 1024x1024 px

beachsand_detail_nohq.paa = 1024x1024 px

beachsand_mco.paa = 512x512 px

----------------

grass_detail_co.paa = 1024x1024 px

grass_detail_nohq.paa = 1024x1024 px

grass_mco.paa = 512x512 px

----------------

sand_detail_co.paa = 1024x1024 px

sand_detail_nohq.paa = 1024x1024 px

sand_mco.paa = 512x512 px

----------------

terrain_detail_co.paa = 1024x1024 px

terrain_detail_nohq.paa = 1024x1024 px

terrain_mco.paa = 512x512 px

all the rvmats are the original ones from the samplemap only modified to fit the new textures, but the textures are made from scratch, and I followed all the samplemap ground textures... sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Sat_LCO.png: 10240x10240 px

I'm not sure, but maybe these ought to match terrain size?

Try resizing your terrain size so that it'll correspond with your sat/mask, ie. same dimensions in meters/px.

Just a suggestion.

Quote[/b] ]Sat_LCO.png: 10240x10240 px

I'm not sure, but maybe these ought to match terrain size?

Try resizing your terrain size so that it'll correspond with your sat/mask, ie. same dimensions in meters/px.

Just a suggestion.

but do you have the same problem?

anyway i'm trying it now...

is there anyone who is working on a map with custom ground textures?huh.gifsad_o.gif

so i can understand my problem...

Do you mean custom detail textures? Editing the _co texture shouldn't pose a problem as long as you don't start resizing it and messing with RVMAT values, don't know about specular/mco though.

No, the dimensions seemed correct.

Does the artifact occur on the map boundary? What is expected state?

Quote[/b] ]all the rvmats are the original ones from the samplemap only modified to fit the new textures

Did you check whether the paths in RVMATs are really pointing to textures in your addon?

No, the dimensions seemed correct.

Now I'm confused...

The visitor tutorials on the wiki say the sat/mask should be 1 pixel per meter. (which seems to work ok)

His image is 10240 and terrain 20480, and your saying thats correct. crazy_o.gif

I saw that in the samplemap, the _mco textures are the half of the _co one... so I did the same, with the difference that the samplemap textures are 512x512 px, mine are 1024x1024... could it be the problem?

well,I saw that some generated layers got strange mapping on the the edge...

look at this generated layer:

M_000_000_LCO.png (that i converted to paa)

m000000lcoei1.jpg

Did you check whether the paths in RVMATs are really pointing to textures in your addon?

path is the following:

BHD_mogadishu\Data and the files which they are pointed to are png... so

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">BHD_mogadishu\Data\beachsand_detail_co.png

The stretching is normal, it's to make sure the textures overlap properly if I recall correctly. I believe it's set in the Grid Calculator-->Segment Overlap (pixels).

However, I see that your RVMAT is referring to a png, it should be paa.

Example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> texture="Sakakah\data\pisek_detail_co.paa";

All paths in the detail texture RVMATs that are in the data (NOT layers folder) folder should be referring to paa.

If you're using the newest version of Visitor 3 that comes with the RC3 Tool suite (LINK), auto conversion of layers sat/mask from png to ppa is done automatically first time you run Buldozer.

The stretching is normal, it's to make sure the textures overlap properly if I recall correctly. I believe it's set in the Grid Calculator-->Segment Overlap (pixels).

However, I see that your RVMAT is referring to a png, it should be paa.

Example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> texture="Sakakah\data\pisek_detail_co.paa";

All paths in the detail texture RVMATs that are in the data (NOT layers folder) folder should be referring to paa.

If you're using the newest version of Visitor 3 that comes with the RC3 Tool suite (LINK), auto conversion of layers sat/mask is done automatically first time you run Buldozer.

thanx Opteryx... but can I modify the Rvmats now that the layers have been created? Or do I have to make the work again? It's only to not waste time... sad_o.gif because there are at least about 2000 paa layer textures...

If your sat/mask layers are already converted either via auto conversion when running Buldozer or the more tedious method described in my tutorial, then there should be no problem.

#Make sure your sat/mask textures in data\layers folder are converted to paa.

#Make sure all the paths inside detail texture RVMATs ( located in data folder) are referring to paa and not png.

You do not need to change the paths in the RVMATs prior to conversion.

thanks Opteryx, I'll give now the try... wink_o.gif

EDIT

I'll give it a try tomorrow, because now I'm tired... see you tomorrow guys! good night all...

nothing, still the same problem, and I've set the terrain size to 10240x10240 px as the sat/mask texture... I've even changed the rvmats as Opteryx said, but not a fucking progress banghead.gif

but what I saw is that also in Rahamadi there's some problem like it, but the transition seems to be more smooth...

What does your layers.cfg look like?

class Layers

{

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class terrain

{

texture = "BHD_mogadishu\data\terrain_mco.png";

material="BHD_mogadishu\data\terrain.rvmat";

};

class beachsand

{

texture = "BHD_mogadishu\data\beachsand_mco.png";

material="BHD_mogadishu\data\beachsand.rvmat";

};

class sand

{

texture = "BHD_mogadishu\data\sand_mco.png";

material="BHD_mogadishu\data\sand.rvmat";

};

class grass

{

texture = "BHD_mogadishu\data\grass_mco.png";

material="BHD_mogadishu\data\grass.rvmat";

};

};

class Legend

{

picture="BHD_mogadishu\Source\MapLegend.png";

class Colors

{

terrain[]={{86,77,52}};

beachsand[]={{190,168,158}};

sand[]={{127,114,87}};

grass[]={{47,81,34}};

}

};

colours correspond exactly to the ones I used in photoshop for the Mask_lco.png image... also in the same image there are no transition pixels...

I had the same problem several weeks back and asked the same question, I got no help at all so good luck mate I gave up

what i can understand is that Visitor3 RC still doesn't accept textures with different names than the original one (obviously it's only a suggestion)... because now i tried to name my textures with the original CZ ones, and i got grass, rocks, but the same problem too... I've changed the terrain grid size to 512x512 and terrain cell size (meters) to 20, so that the final terrain size ould be 10240x10240 exactly as my SAT image... but nothing... I'm starting hating this program banghead.gif