Sign in to follow this  
vilas

changing requirements ?

maybe it is topic for "general" or maybe "trouble shooting" but i noticed one thing that made me angry on BIS biggrin_o.gif

Queens Gambit is addon pack & mission pack, istn't it ?

one new island, some new models, missions in capaign , right ?

but to the point:

when i bought PC specially for ARMA in December 2006 with ARMA release in Poland , like some other people i was very furious to lost money on PC and had horrible performance and etc.

all other games were running fine but this game was making a lot of performance problems, it was horrible looking, CTD, and other

i could play Stalker all nights, i could play COD2 with no problems, but PC couldn't hold ARMA for 15 minutes, special big fan was bought just to make it working, since patch 1.08 it was playable

then minimal requirements were 2 GHz CPU, 128 MB VGA

now i looked at BIS QG site and i was surpirised when i saw minimal requirements like 2.5 GHz and 256 MB VGA !!!

many people accoused BIS (me too) that game was released to early, with no full testing

and now i see other minimal requirements written on site with addon and mission pack Quenns Gambit

if you state "stonger" PC requirements in December 2006 i would buy stronger PC and i couldn't be so angry with lost money and i woulnd't had so much nerves lost "trying to play", because now it seems, that people who bought PC for ARMA (then) near to recomended specs, have now minimal specs PC !!!

don't tell me that some missions and some new models make such difference in PC requirements

it is not funny for me

For whatever reason some people think that 'minimum' means something like 'playing above minimum settings'(Which may be possible, you just shouldnt expect it), which just caused them to raise the minimum requirements otherwise we would get even more people like you who make these topics every 2 months. icon_rolleyes.gif

if your had to pay credit to bank for year for PC you would be angry

in my country people sometimes earn 200-300 Euro/month

while PC for ARMA is 1000

if BIS would give in 2006 other requirements i would buy stronger PC

such behavior for me is in Polish language "chamski" means "very f*** not fair"

if your had to pay credit to bank for year for PC you would be angry

in my country people sometimes earn 200-300 Euro/month

while PC for ARMA is 1000

if BIS would give in 2006 other requirements i would buy stronger PC

such behavior for me is in Polish language "chamski" means "very f*** not fair"

I ran ArmA originally on an Athlon4200+ X2, 2GB's of DDR400, X1900XTX etc. and I still had incredibly poor performance. I agree, not fair originally with the statement about performance in ArmA. However, I applaud the change with QG as they've tried to correct themselves. They could have left the requirements as they were, and kept mute about the issue, but instead they chose to try and address the performance issue. The only thing I really want to know is the process for determining the specs for the computers? I mean, I ran ArmA on a computer that would have UTTERLY DESTROYED a computer with the minimum specifications and I just wanted to piss all over my comp the performance so poor.

It's sad that some people only make 200-300 Euro/month confused_o.gif I'm still paying off some of the money I spent on my computer, it's been six months too.

btw you made some pretty great addons. Would be great to see more from you.

Dear vilas,

I'm sure every regular visitor of this forum knows about your 'arma performance sucks' grief, vilas. It 'sucks' on my computer too, and I have absolutely no problem with it, as my computer is clearly under minimum requirements! tounge2.gif you should've tried the same approach, run it on a computer which is clearly too slow, so you would have been positively surprised when you even got the game running! That's what happened to me, it was really a surprise to me that the game could even be played somewhat-enjoyably with this old computer! I certainly didn't expect that I could play ArmA without buying a new computer, but the performance I get is enough to not justify the huge amounts of cash that would have to be spent to buy a new computer. Everything else I do with this computer really doesn't need more power so I'm quite reluctant to buy new hardware.

I think you should just get over it now... there's so much more serious things that could go wrong in your life, why worry about some stupid computer and about a stupid game?

Next time you will be more careful before you buy, that's a positive side in this isn't it!

Best Wishes,

Baddo.

P.S. I'm looking forward for ArmA II and seeing how the console version(s) turn out. Maybe it's time to leave the problematic PC platform as a gaming platform altogether!