Sign in to follow this  
steele6

Redo ArmA campaign

I feel that the Original ArmA campaign was a rushed feature that did not show the capablilties of ArmA and its engine. The Campaign did alot of missions in South Sahrani but not enough in North Sahrani, only a handful which were large missions. These missions left you either doing it on your own or searching for that last SLA bad guy crawling amongst the forests. Other than a few tanks, you were left on your own if you were a chopper and very few missions were a pleasure to play as a squad leader/ or ordinary grunt sad_o.gif. Also very few missions gave you support of Harriers. you also are not shown any fancy new features besides player switching. no coordinating airstrikes and I dont recall any ability to call artillery. ( I may be wrong) banghead.gif

The OFP campaigns were large and entirely enjoyable and certainly left a different feel than the ArmA campaign.( even though I know OFP is kind old and ArmA is in a different setting and enviroment wink_o.gifinlove.gif )

So as a suggestion to the Modding and Mission creators out there who have only just been allowed power thanks to the recent releases of tools, what about Redoing the Arma Origninal campaign? It does not have to exactly follow the Original storyline

but improve on the aspects that the community feels need improving. I understand that this would be a big project that would take up precious hours in creating the masterpiece smile_o.gif

This would also give the Community the chance to show BIS what we can do in terms of a big campaign, and maybe this can show them what we would like in ArmA 2./ future games.

So what about it guys??

notworthy.gif true, but not the ArmA campaign. It is an effective storyline in my opinion that was not utilized properly. the CWR project is a seperate mod.

i agree with steele... and i want to add that the story just became interesting when the campaign ended... it felt kind of... weird to be kicked back to the menu just when you get exited about kicking some royal ass...

so maybe not only redo the campaign but extend it...