Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Piper Warrior II

Thread in User Missions

To keep Gnat's thread clean, if anyone wants to comment on my little mission, please use the appropriate thread I've created above, OR even better, comment over at OFPEC (link in post above as well as in the BI forums thread linked above).

DM Fred: after leaving the hangar, the "automatic tour recording" should activate, which is basically a female voice telling you stuff about the island. I upped the decibels quite alot (something like 15dB) on it so that it could be heard over the engine, but I didn't test it with all sound setting. Might have something to do with EAX/Hardware acceleration. Try messing with those to see if it helps any. smile_o.gif Anyway -> further comments in the thread linked above, please!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Without a proper damaged model many addons just look and feel incomplete...

looks pritty damaged to me huh.gif

damage.jpg

or are you talking about the fact that the choppers blades can be damaged or glass shot up? If gnat wants to code it, i'll be happy to texture it.

I have been shot at by a harrier, which I told the harrier to do in a mini mission i made to test it out, the glass did show the shatter damage texture and one thing should be if your engine is shot up, the engine should die.

Nims weather pack really adds some extra fun to this plane....not that it needed it smile_o.gif

Flying at night during a torrential down pour with fog showed me how much we need working instruments. An artificial horizon would've saved me from swimming more than once. But I'm still having loads of fun....next up ,a blizzard at night smile_o.gif

Keep up the great work GNAT..... ps... is there any chance we'll be seeing your B-52 in ARMA?

Another thing I've noticed is that the nose of the plane, when left totally uncontrolled, will slowly but surely move downwards, so that a humant pilot always has to aim the plain a bit higher.. or there will be many casulties smile_o.gif

In RL u can just drop the controls when flying horisontally at a normal attitude, and small planes like that Piper will not start to descend, unless you r in a bad storm or ur controls are damaged.

this idea is not realistic but would give the racs a nice toy if you put an m230 chain gun on the piper that a gunner could use would give the racs a mini spooky and would beef up there airforce or else do it to the dc3 and make a real spooky

was watching goldfinger last night and got an idea the best weapon and most realistic weapon to add to the piper would be a canistor of some sort of poison gas altough this would probably be very hard to make but said id put the idea out there pistols.gifpistols.gif

In terms of attack aircraft, South Sahrani's would have F-16s...leave the Piper be. That would be more for like some said before, flying diplomats and VIPs or such.

its the drug dealers plane. You know the guy who lives on the vineyard in pesto. You cant think he is all innocent.

and then there is his accomplice who lives in the big house next to ortego. They are destroying Sahrani whistle.gif

maybe just a script that release smoke? Sort of like when the plane is much damaged but with another color?

Adding Red Devils lovely RAC re-texture to the PBO, touch up a couple of little things (maybe even the "nose-down") and planning to sign the addon.

ETA .... who knows cuz my RL job has to pay the bills.

Cheers for the reply, no problem about the release, just as long as the project isn't dead.

Keep up the great work.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Hey Gnat, sweet work! I've been trying to download this plane but the file doesn't seem to be there anymore. Any word on when it would be avaiable for download? Also.... what's the chance that you'd make a Piper Cub in the future? Or have you already made one? Thanks

Dave

Dave, search the normal ArmA news/addon web sites, they have it.

Piper Cub, no plans.