Sign in to follow this  
FriX

Random crashing

Hi

i bought a new PC lately and im having some truble runing ArmA on it. I was having a random crashes and i read somewhere that using -maxmem=512 the problem will just go away, well not for me im still having truble whit it random crashes, lod bug, textures disapering.

i have SP2 and latest nvidia drivers in beta 163.71 and nothing helps not even setting textures lower than high.

this are my spec:

Intel Core2Duo E6750 2,66GHz

2GB of ram Kingstone 667MHz

GeForce EVGA 8800GTS 320MB

my resolution in game is 1440x900x32bit

I'm sorry for my english smile_o.gif

Try to provide more cooling for your computer, and see if that helps.

For example, open the case of the computer, and put a big fan blowing into it.

i dont think thats overheating problem i already have 3 fans in there 80mm. i dont get this in other games.

You have almost the same specs as me and my game will crash if I turn the settings too high. Even though it may run OK, the game would eventually CTD on the highest settings. The maxmem line doesn't do anything for me, try turning down settings 1 at a time until its stable. I'm pretty sure this is your problem, make sure the texture quality setting isn't at the maximum.

Very similar specs, with a 640MB version of the GTS and I get the same, maybe once in 4 hours to 8 hrs of online game play i'll get a very quick BSOD flash-up and the computer resets.

Typically happens during the Intro screens of a mission.

Been like that for months and months .... I live with it ......