Sign in to follow this  
fitzee

EMF to PNG

Hi.

Does anyone know where to find a converter that works with large emf files.

Ive tried about 20 now and they work fine with small images but none of them will do 20490x20490 images.

Try InfanView, it can do EMF to PNG, although I am unsure of it's size limit.

ImageMagick requires an internal conversion of the entire image to a bitmap prior to any other operations. As a result, it crashes trying to convert EMF's generated from maps larger than 12km. Metacon can convert larger maps, but is limited to Windows GDI images sizes, so its output is restricted to 4096^2px

I myself am a big fan of corel draw and paint.

Nice programs but still not figured out how to get bmp's or png,s to be bigger then 10000x10000 pixels.

Coreldraw is able to make pictures with resolutions up to 999.999x999.999 pixels but it can only safe it to its own format, .cdr file, havent figured out how to export it to big resolutions BMP or PNG file, everytime you try to safe or export it to EMF, PSD, BMP or whatever(corel can safe in lotts of formats) it will resize it to 10.000x10x000 pixels.

Using corel 10, busy trying to get 12 now and see if they have options to create bigger bmp's or png's.

My base picture is a 70.000x70.000 pixel corel draw object which i still cant export to a bmp of that size.

Just to inform you about corel.

CorelDraw can open and work with very big files, in size and in pixel size, crap thing is it will always resize to 10000x10000pixels when you safe it to different format then own .CDR file type

CorelPhotopaint can open but will resize at opening to 10000x10000pixels.

P.S. Fotoshop is able to work with files up to 32500 x 32500 pixels.

Cheers,

Alphons

Found a way for exporting really big coreldraw files, option in Corel to export to .AI file, this file can be read by fotoshop again.

You wont loose any detail on the pic this way, downthing is that it will be a very large file, over Gb's in size.

But it is working.

Later.

Just install the latest ArmA Tools suite RC3 which has the new 'EmfToPng.exe' in the Visitor3 folder...