Sign in to follow this  
dren

2nd Marine Expeditionary Force

Thanks vm for the info smile_o.gif I knew this tool already, to my opinion it's rather complicated to use (OK it's just a matter of taste, must be quite performant and I think there is a material editor tutorial somewhere which helps, don't remember where but I recall having seen it), personnaly I prefer to edit paths using a good old text editor. My main problem with rvmat files is to find which rvmat file to use with which model.

Hey guys,

I sent Dren a pm and he read it but he didn't do anything yet so here is what i have to say. I made a replacement pack for the Desert Infantry, Spec Ops, Woodland Infantry, and Spec Ops. Please choose 1 Infantry and one Spec ops for this to work.

MEF Replacements

mate, its added on the front page wink_o.gif

and thanks

mate, its added on the front page wink_o.gif

and thanks

Hey,

Ok, thanks and sorry about the confusion. confused_o.gif Oh by the way, Gotta love the Marine Force Recon in this pack, two BIG thumbs up for you and the helpers. notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

Glad you like 'em biggrin_o.gif

And thanks once more for the kits.

armaholic and combatprison links updated.

Und für die deutsche Volk

Armed-Assault.de, download link added

@Dren

vielen dank yay.gifyay.gif ! wann kommen lav`s u. aav`s?? whistle.gif

gruß

Care to fill me in? I'm curious to know what that says. biggrin_o.gif

Dren,

I love em. Thanks. Do you have anything else in the works? Just curious.

Well i dont know german, i used google translator biggrin_o.gif

in short "many thanks" and "when av's and aav's are coming?"

can you explain av's and aav's? wink_o.gif

Well at this moment, i dont have anything going.

Well see what kind of work jonny does wink_o.gif

hey, i wanted to ask, if anyone else has had a problem with getting the grenadier to work... The grenadiers dont have m203's... instead they have like 8 hand grenades... and i cant figure out how to change that... also, the force recon assault guy has a 203 and it woks fine... anything i can do or anything to say about that or what? otherwise, great work...

p.s. I tried editing the pbo file in ARMA edit to see if i could fix it for myself... but deff. didnt work.. that or the config file... i dont remember...

i need to check them out, loadouts haven been made by me.

But ill check em out.

Sorry for VERY VERY VERY late respond.

atm i dont have access to 2nd MEF config.cpp

but what you can check is the grenadier line.

Quote[/b] ]

/*extern*/ class SoldierWG;

class MEFm_SoldierWG: SoldierWG

{

model = "\2nd_MEFunits1\us_soldier_g";

weapons[] = {"M16a4_GL", "Throw", "Put", "NVGoggles"};

magazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "1Rnd_HE_M203", "1Rnd_HE_M203", "1Rnd_HE_M203", "1Rnd_HE_M203"};

vehicleClass = "2nd_MEFunits1";

displayName = "Grenadier";

Thats how it should look like.

"1Rnd_HE_M203", is the nade for M203

thats what the problem was... the line was all gayed up:model = "\Des_MEFunits1\us_soldier_g";

weapons[] = {"M16A4_ACG", "Throw", "Put", "NVGoggles"};

magazines[] = {"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "HandGrenadeTimed", "HandGrenadeTimed", "HandGrenadeTimed", "HandGrenadeTimed", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "HandGrenadeTimed", "HandGrenadeTimed", "1Rnd_HE_M203", "HandGrenadeTimed", "HandGrenadeTimed"};

vehicleClass = "Des_MEFunits1";

displayName = "Grenadier";

te only thing is that it wont let me edit it... i edit it and then it says that i cant save it... any advice?

notepad is what i was using... If i even get to the point where it will let me edit it, will i need to repack it or re pbo it or whatever?

well unpack the pbo file. then edit the config.cpp file. save it.

And re-pbo it.

for extacting/repacking pbo, use keygetys programs.

(support some finnish work wink_o.gif )

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

thanks man, and btw, i wasnt using notepad, i was using wordpad... and now i just opened it with notepad and im gonna see what i can do with it... if i fix the guys... ill see if i can send them to whoever so they can put them up as updated versions... but i will also try kegetys... thanks notworthy.gif

Alright, I have been trying to figureot how to use kegetys tools... but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to unpack and repack pbo files... i edited the file and it saved but it says, file too short i guess cause i have to repack it or wutever... any ideas or can you tell me what o do... like a "Kegetys Arma Tools For Dummies" type style... pretty much step by step... I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA FYI.

Alright, I have been trying to figureot how to use kegetys tools... but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to unpack and repack pbo files... i edited the file and it saved but it says, file too short i guess cause i have to repack it or wutever... any ideas or can you tell me what o do... like a "Kegetys Arma Tools For Dummies" type style... pretty much step by step... I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA FYI.

Did you install cpbo from Kegety's tool kit? If yes, all you need to do is right click on the .pbo file you want unpacked. You should see "extract" in the right-click menu.(For me it's at the very top of the menu in bold letters.)

One thing though, when I used Vista I could never get that damn cpbo program to work. I always thought I fucked up the installation or a corrupt dl was the cause, not Vista itself. I have no idea though.

I used PBOview. Link:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1434

PBOview never gave me a problem in Vista.

well i use winrar and that extracts pbo files... but i dont know if ican use it to repack them... and i think you are right aout the vista thing... and i admit... i spent money on higher tech crap i.e. Windows Vista... i think im gonna go buy XP... its a way better operating system... thnks man, if you have anymore ideas let me know! notworthy.gif

well i use winrar and that extracts pbo files... but i dont know if ican use it to repack them... and i think you are right aout the vista thing... and i admit... i spent money on higher tech crap i.e. Windows Vista... i think im gonna go buy XP... its a way better operating system... thnks man, if you have anymore ideas let me know! notworthy.gif

Try out PBOview. It packs up folder as well. I just tried it out. It made me a very sexy .pbo file. And boy am I glad I tried that, it's .pbo's look much better! rofl.gif (What ever the hell that means... who knows.)

I hope this helps.