Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Crysis Impressions.

i'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does any one know the minimum computer spec requierd to play the game ?

Check: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest (select the game you want to check your PC on from the dropdown list)

About the game: It's a "good" game. Not as good as I thought it'd be. It's challenging but the story is ugly. Almost as ugly as SoF: Payback's one.

As it was said it's too bad such game ends up like this. It could have been fantastic but it's not. Nothing more than a very common FPS.

I literally burst out into laughter when I read your post. rofl.gif Yea I guess every game has got a nanosuit, insanely smart AI, a non linear (for the most part) cinematic game, the beautiful environments... its been done, so why did they even make this game? confused_o.gif

I just rebeat the game on Delta mode, with no cross hairs and only being able to be shot a maximum of two times before you die really makes you change how you play the game, its an entirely new experience. Can't say that about 90% of the games out there.

Plays the same as Farcry. Vehicle physics, certain sections of the maps, AI death animations - all give me deja vu.

I've hardly seen screenshots or videos of Crysis prior to playing the game. Yes, I am hype averse.

I remember being blown away by Farcry's graphics back whenever.

Crysis didn't look that great at first. The graphics settings defaulted to medium. Blurry textures (nicely highlights ArmA's crisp, if drab, textures). Loads of object pop-up\flickering in the distance.

Realistic looking unit models combined with comic strip like environment is odd. In a thrown together kind of way.

The game does look much better on high. Only because of the shaders detail (enables colour grading), but on my 8800gtx performance wasn't smooth enough for the experience to be enjoyable.

I'm playing at 1680 res, even though my native LCD res is 1920. I might need to try the game again on a CRT at 1280. Been meaning to do it the past week..for some reason I haven't bothered. Gameplay isn't drawing me back.. Don't think I'm the only one.

Ok, been playing awhile more ,and yes still beautiful. But damn, a bullet hits a guy in back of the neck/ unarmored collar and just a * huh? * reaction sad_o.gif

The foliage goes crunch when I step on it. -GOOD-

I can live out my "Jessie Ventura" fantasy and mow down a jungle with a minigun. * chop trees down where ever you hit them* -GOOD-

But the game still seems like a tech demo on rails.

I'll still play CRY ,but I dropped it for awhile to finish STALKER...and I gota say stalker is a game more to my tastes . Plus the visuals in STALK have really increased since I updated drivers for cry.