Sign in to follow this  
Lucky7

More 80070000e

Hi there.

Having had trouble, I installed 168.24 which worked for a good while but now the 8007000e CTD has appeared ona regular basis.

I have shifted through the history and gleaned as much as possible but could someone please explain to me (and possibly others) what is MAXMEM=512?

Also deplinenoise's post about editing the /largeaddressaware in arma.exe was very interesting but what the hell did it mean crazy_o.gif

Is there a walkthrough for that process or is it not worth it yet?

Love the game and looking forward to the day when I can play for hours on full everything.

Cheers

biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for that link there Dwarden.

I have created a new shortcut and modified the target thus:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -maxmem=512

Which seemed to work but....

I started the game and played Evolution on LAN with just me, after about 20 mins or so it CTD but rather than the 8007000e dialog box there was just the This programme has stopped working dialog box that you get with Vista.

So has the 8007000e been fixed or was that another bug?

I have read of dual boot systems using both Vista and XP would this be of any benefit?

Thanks again.

biggrin_o.gif

Ok.

Next I changed from 512 to 1024 which didn't work as the screen went all blocky the first time and then froze the second time.

Then I changed it to 256 and that worked but it ran very slow with low framerates as new scenery loaded.

So I reutned to 512, are there any other numbers I could use?

Thanks

biggrin_o.gif

No I haven't but I shall give it a try. Thanks for the idea though.

Just wondering if the 1.08 hotfix would be any good as I am not really suffering from any of the problems addressed by that, other than the ladder thing.

I don't have the ladder bugs, so I never installed it.

The Forceware 163.44's for my 8800 GTS 640MB helped alot with stability. Rarely ever crashed even while alt+tabbing like mad. However, as with all things computer related, there's a catch. Not sure what to call it so I'll call it a 'LOD issue" where textures sometimes do not 'show up' in full detail immediately. i.e: You are facing West, then you whip around to face East and the soldier behind you has low-detail textures and has a head that's made from about 8polys rofl.gif

I leave it to you to decide which is more important.

I'm also using 163.44 beta's.

I also see the same "LOD" issue, mostly when I respawn.

But it clears up rather quickly (less than 2 sec).

Well I think that we have gone some way to solving the problems.

I have just finished a good couple of hours playing Evolution on some server which, was fun, about to get to sgt when the tk'ing started, which was shame.

The only real issue was the LOD but it also only lasted for a couple of seconds so I can live with that.

Anyway I am running -maxmem=512 and xp compatible using the older 158.24 drivers. I tried the 163.44 but it was no good.

My other settings are (just for interest):

1440x900x32

4:3 NORMAL

60hz

Visibility 10000

Terrain LOW (default setting with high Viz)

Objest Detail VERY HIGH

Texture Detail VERY HIGH

Postprocess LOW

Anisotropic Filtering NORMAL

Shadow HIGH

Antialiasing Mormal

Blood High (well you would smile_o.gif)

I hope that this helps others to get a good Arma experience.

Thanks for the help.

Lucky7

(I only hope it will last)

See my sign my machine is a bit less than yours but I had the same issues. I dual booted with XP and had a small frame rate increase and more stability but that was back around patch 1.05. Note you need to look at you PC setting as I can get 10210 in 3Dmarks06. The main thing is to keep lowering your settings (I know is sux's due to how great your machine is) until it's stable and then work your way back up. PS for SLI in arma you need to look at the thread about changing the arma.exe file to fear.exe so the nvidia driver SLI can be used.

Thanks Twisted1.

I have been thinking of dual booting the machine but I am not sure of the machanics. I think the stability would be nice smile_o.gif but as the machine is less than a month old I will contact the support people before I do anything.

This page is quite explanitary, (its a link to a process, nothing illegal).

http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/about88231.html

I have SLI disabled at present as I believe ArmA isn't supported or that the cards dont use it. The Manage 3D Settings in Nvidia Control Panel is set to default. I am going to enable SLI and then let the Nvidia CP use the default setting and see what happens.

Umm, fear.exe, just what is it and how do I do it? I did a search and http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=67912

was all I could find and whilst interesting not really what I was looking for (cheers SWAT_BigBear)

I thought that 10210 in 3Dmarks06 was ok, it was saying that it was in the top 25%. Though if I am honest I thought that it might had been a bit better, but it was straight out of the box with no tweaking. Like most people I just want to turn the pc on knowing it works without having to do anything. My pc knowledge is just above limited.

I could just about run the game (1.08) on my old pc and never had any problems, it was very slow at times but never really crashed. It just meant I got good at flying choppers cos I couldnt shoot anything in MP smile_o.gif (P4 2.8ghz, 1gig PC2100, ATI X1300 AGP, XP Home sp2, 120hdd 5400rpm).

BTW I am currently running S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl and that looks fantastic.

There are fixes for the memory problems under Vista in combination with 163.xx drivers, in another Vista troubleshooting thread here at the forums. But these will make you unhappy as you can not run ArmA, with those fixes, if you have 4GB RAM installed. As far as I remember... 3 or 2GB just works fine. Waiting for ms, nvidia or bis to resolve.

Ok. I now have SLI enabled and so far so good. Running Evolution in LAN mode, when I went to turn up the volumes it stopped responding, now when I respawn or stand still for any length of time I get a bright white strobe effect that whiteouts the screen. It goes away when I move somewhat.

Also changed to TFT screen.

Any thoughts?

Leave SLI Disabled, the only suggestion anyone can give you on SLI at this time, afaik. Hopefully new updates/drivers/os hotfixes resolve these.