Sign in to follow this  
Dark SudoNix

How To Make Triggers

HOW DO YOU MAKE A HELO OR A JET COME FOR SUPPORT WHEN YOU WANT IT TO... WITHOUT IT BEEING UNDER YOUR COMMAND... CALLING IT IN BY RADIO...?

1. m_search.gif

2. +1 WL for writing in all capital letters.

1) Make your helo with AI pilot

2) make a trigger, radio alpha

3) make 2 waypoints, the 2nd being where you want helo to go when you call it.

4) use synchronise and drag a line from the 1ST waypoint to your radio alpha trigger.

Now, with any luck, your helo will wait at waypoint 1 until someone activates the trigger, in this case radio alpha, and it will then fly to the 2nd waypoint.

To get the chopper to land, just shoot the pilot out of his seat notworthy.gif

I've just been doing this one, actually.

Create your vehicle, give it three waypoints in a triangle formation, with the third very close to where you've placed the vehicle itself. Make the third waypoint a CYCLE.

Now add a fourth waypoint, SEEK & DESTROY, in the place you want the air-support to go. Sync the trigger as described above, but sync it to the 3rd waypoint (CYCLE).

The aircraft will fly in circles round the triangle you created with the first three waypoints, and when the trigger is activated it'll break the flightpath and head for waypoint 4.

The downside of this is the aircraft can run out of fuel while circling. Another way would be to have your trigger call a script which spawns the aircraft on-the-fly, but that's a scripting solution and I've not touched a script file yet...

1) Make your helo with AI pilot

2) make a trigger, radio alpha

3) make 2 waypoints, the 2nd being where you want helo to go when you call it.

4) use synchronise and drag a line from the 1ST waypoint to your radio alpha trigger.

Now, with any luck, your helo will wait at waypoint 1 until someone activates the trigger, in this case radio alpha, and it will then fly to the 2nd waypoint.

To get the chopper to land, just shoot the pilot out of his seat  notworthy.gif

Thanks alot for the help!

Ok, Now does anyone know of a website that has scripting codes... I want the helo to come in, pick me and whoever else up, and then fly away... Without making the ai get out of the helo run off, then get back in the helo and fly off... But now i understand how triggers work... the trigger basics that is...