Sign in to follow this  
Somerville

10 Digit ID's

Would there possibly be a way to detect the lenght of an ID when returning the #userlist command? I only think this because surely there must be, if you're calling back the command.

I'm just thinking if there is a way, surely there's a way to put together a script that is called when a player connects to a server, that then automatically kicks that player, or perhaps disallowes them to connect to the server?

Thanks,

This has already been brought up wink_o.gif

I think someone did come up with something, but instead of looking for the ID number, it looks for the player number. For example... When you join a server your the 50th player to join. So it would look like 50 playername and not look for there ID number.

I don't understand what you mean, could you please explain? smile_o.gif

The ID passed on join is not the cd id and it changes all the time. useless to us. There is no way to check a users cd-id thru the script system. The only methods are to monitor the packets, console window or check them by hand. Outside that we are bent over a rail with our pants down.

Someone brought something up to me today in a private message on my forums. We can disable users that have 10 digit keys or at least know via the scripts now. Click the link in my sig and look under the 1.x version. Then under scripting there is a 10 digit topic. If i get some time tonight I will try and write up a script for this.

The post doesn't mean much to me, but I have faith you can create a working example smile_o.gif

Time to mess with them via scripting like they mess with us wink_o.gif

Nutty_101, one question.

I took a look at the website linked to in your signature. Then I looked at http://dsts-docs.livecar.net/index.html?player_class.htm

Now, what exactly does this mean:

Quote[/b] ]PLAYER -> CdKey

Description:

This command is used to return the CdKey of player in slot X.

Arguments:

PLAYER CDKEY {INDEX}

Output/Results:

Numeric

Examples:

; No examples at the moment

What do you mean with numeric cdkey? Especially, what kind of relation it has to the alphanumeric "game code" which was needed from the back of the ArmA manual when we installed ArmA?

Please clarify.

A legitimate concern is that community efforts to improve anti-cheating and anti-piracy measures go too far and give people information we, honest law-abiding citizens, do not want them to have.

He probably meant arma ID, the CDkey wouldn't ever be available.

Deady is right. This is the xxxxx number that your client sends to the server upon logging in. the number we ban.

Well then you should not call it a 'cdkey' if it is not that.

aren't 10 digits legal im 100% sure some one posted the other day (troubleshooting forum) saying he got a cd key off a download version after a reinstall and he has 10 digit id and keeps getting kicked and having crazy stuff like turning into seagull.

aren't 10 digits legal im 100% sure some one posted the other day (troubleshooting forum) saying he got a cd key off a download version after a reinstall and he has 10 digit id and keeps getting kicked and having crazy stuff like turning into seagull.

Thats the fade.bigbird.id.trojan virus. smile_o.gif

I see plently of non-cheaters on servers with 10 Digit ID Keys these days, anything over that I believe is the limit ...

I would not trust anyone else than BIS for telling what kind of ID is legal and what is not.

It is questionable how much info BIS should give about that to the public. You should have no problems if you bought the game. How do servers detect players with illegal versions of the game, or players who bought the game but want to change their identity in an attempt to cheat, is the key question. I think that should be arranged by BIS so that even server admins will not know the details of how it works.

Well as i posted in trouble shooting BIs probably don't have control over the length of IDs as the publishers are the ones that issue keys/IDs. So how can they claim them to be illegal when all we have is some guy saying he got a PM saying they are illegal which we saw no proof of an email?

Well that is a problem. As I said, I would trust only BIS and no one else. Well, maybe a publisher could be considered also as a reliable source.

But as I said, the checking of the ID's should not be in the hands of the community! It should be done by BIS so that no users need to know anything about it.

I think a security model in which a user (server admin perhaps) is assuming he knows what is legitimate and what is not, is very dangerous. It can lead to lynching of innocent people.

Also, Suma has only ever said they're illegal in a PM to someone, and that has been passed on second hand.

At least, I couldn't find any public message from Suma saying so.

Hmm. Perhaps I should contact 505 games..

I'm not saying all 10 digit ID's are fake, but the ones I've found on my server usually conincide with a sudden burst of KFC.. >.>

Also, Suma has only ever said they're illegal in a PM to someone, and that has been passed on second hand.

At least, I couldn't find any public message from Suma saying so.

He did post publicly about it. The thread has been pruned since.. i saw someone quote his post, it was from the 1st July 07.