Sign in to follow this  
whydoyouwanttoknow

Is there a  tutorial for making missions?

Something that explains how to do the nitty gritty stuff like scripting, game logics, whatever, but in a way someone who has never done it before would understand?

The tutes seem to be either too basic, as in only placing units, or too difficult and you have to know everything already to follow.

Yea, I second this, because at the moment all I can do is place units and set waypoints but 9 times out of ten the enemy do their own thing and I would love to read an easy to understand mission editor tutorial as half of the stuff in the mission editor I have no clue what its for, as for the scripting, I would love to get into that if it is easy enough for this game.

I have checked the arma wiki's but it is not n00b friendly thus to me it is a waste of time, I am sure it will be useful to others, but just isnt to me.

So if anyone has a n00b friendly mission editor tutorial or scripting tutorial can you please post a link to it ?

cheers.

E.S

in the Tuturial are many scripts involved;u only have to set orders(words) in the empty lines....take the editingguide to help.Available on Wiki too...

You better be sure you have gone through all the material at http://www.ofpec.com/

Read everything.

About scripting what you can do is go through a scripting command reference one command at a time, thinking what can be done with it and test it in the mission editor. Make small test missions in which you test only one aspect of mission editing, for example how do you get a boat to transport a group from island A to island B. Don't even try to put anything else to the mission. Get it working.  Then continue with another test mission and do the same with a helicopter. How do you make a helicopter pick up a group and transport them to another location? Again, don't try to do anything else in that test mission. Continue like this, divide a mission into small sub-tasks and make all of the sub-tasks work one at a time.

Over time this results in you getting the required knowledge to create missions.

Hey Baddo, thats a good site you linked me to smile_o.gif

tell me, I never ever played OFP, but do OFP tutorials and commands on that website also apply to Arma ? or are they 2 seperate games and need their own tutorials/commands ?

Cheers

E.S

Alot of the commands are still the same. Some commands are new or have new syntax but it's all basically the same knowledge. The editor and it's use is exactly the same.

Check the OFPEC Command Reference for further details on any command.

edit: OFPEC fully caters for ArmA too

Most of the tutorials on this page are still relevant.

An old tut for opf but can still be used to make missions in arma

here

coop and dm/ctf tutorial

BiGGiBs