Sign in to follow this  
VladAlex

What is landbuilder ?

Quote[/b] ]Landbuilder: Shape file (VMAP) import for rapid terrain development

Source

Geez, how lame... where can I get it?

And is anyone working on a simple tuorial with a sample template and everything?

As I understand it, landbuilder is used to import hi-res (military spec?) topographical data.

You don't need landbuilder to make an ArmA terrain, although it could make the task easier for those with appropriate resources.

I doubt that Bis will release landbuilder for normal customers. huh.gif

Wait what? No 3d viewport? No 3d anything? No ability to drag verticies by mouse? How can even BIS use this tool? biggrin_o.gif

Wait what? No 3d viewport? No 3d anything? No ability to drag verticies by mouse? How can even BIS use this tool? biggrin_o.gif

huh.gif

Landbuilder has nothing to do with 3d viewports, 3d anything, or ability to drag verticies by mouse. Buldozer is V3's 3d viewer.

huh.gif

Landbuilder has nothing to do with 3d viewports, 3d anything, or ability to drag verticies by mouse. Buldozer is V3's 3d viewer.

Oh. Well I didn't know, that's why I asked. Never used anything other than Unreal Editor. So there isn't any all-in-one editor?

All-in-one? It depends what you mean.

Using these two tools you can manipulate the terrain (one vertex at a time), place and move objects.

Visitor3 & Buldozer run in a connected manner, so a change to your terrain made in one is immediately apparent in the other. Visitor3 is the main program, Buldozer is it's 3d viewer/manipulator. Since buldozer is the ArmA engine, it gives an exact preview of how your terrain will look in game. Essentially there is no difference between this setup and a single program with an intergrated 3d viewer.