Sign in to follow this  
Pancho

Latin America

Well, living in México makes it very, very difficult to buy games like Arma or any other title.

Once I knew that Arma was out, I almost instantly placed a order online, only to have my request rejected due to lack of permission from the publisher to ship to my destination; and I´m quite sure it´s the same story with the remainder of Latin America.

I tried different online outlets like amazon and such to no avail. The only way to get it now is to personaly travel to the U.S. to buy a copy.

So my question is: Why doesn´t the publishers want to distribute their products in Latin America? Why do they make it so difficult for us to buy their products?

Latin America is such a great market platform for business expansion. And yet they leave us out in the cold; shame!

I have noticed this as well. I have a vacation house in Puerto Rico (yes, I know its a US territory but it has more in common with Latin America then the US as a nation) and I have gone to every mall, Target, Kmart, etc on the western side of the island and they either have no PC games at all or very very limited amounts of them on the shelves (ex. less then 10 games). Yet next to it they have endless rows of PS2, XBOX, etc games. Even in the bigger cities on that side of the island like Mayaguez, Aguadilla, etc the GameStops have ZERO PC games

Since my vacation house is on the other side of the island from San Juan (where over half of PR's population lives) I dont know whats in that area but I believe they have a CompUSA or two so one day I will check out what they are like down there.

Same trend here, mate.

XBOX, PS2, the nintendo, you name it. They have tons of games here for sale.

For a PC game it´s basically a trip to the U.S. for purchase.

It´s madness!

hmm i dont live in the us or south america but maybe they dont think people there have any good computers? Or so many that live there are pc gamers? whistle.gif some places you never think have electric and running water, then you see a post like why cant i find Arma in here or so posts tounge2.gif

hmm i dont live in the us or south america but maybe they dont think people there have any good computers? Or so many that live there are pc gamers? whistle.gif some places you never think have electric and running water, then you see a post like why cant i find Arma in here or so posts tounge2.gif

Well, i suppose that your comment was sarcastic right?

Nway, me and my friends had the same problem, we had to buy the online version =/

We didnt get squat up here either. I bought mine from Atari as no one had even heard of Arma.

This week, 1 copy was on the shelf at Electronics Boutique though. I was shocked. tounge2.gif

There live million ppl in second world countries who have an ability to play PC games but the publishers arent intresting to sell their games in those countries the reasoning could be no desired markets of such products or a lack of decent retail stories on that country. I thought at least u can order a game from mail to any locations in world.

yeah well in mycountry we had sometimes problem with some games that we got the games last and the movies last it feelt like, the UK and Usa and asia everybody getting games and movies before us tounge2.gif but all games usually come to us eventually it just takes some time.

Some of it has to do with the lack of internet access.

I dont know what the situation is like in San Juan but on the west coast the only form of internet is dial up. Broadband, FiOS, etc is not yet available. As a result most people either use dial up or go to internet cafes. Puerto Rico is still stuck in the late 1990s when it comes to technology.

Thankfully I only have to go maybe once or twice a year smile_o.gif