Sign in to follow this  
ixnay

nVidia drivers 163.44 and Vista 32/64 bit Hotfix

It "worked" in a way for me... I installed the Microsoft vista memadress patch... got rid of these maxmem error but now iam getting just random CTD's sad_o.gif

anyone know what to do?

E6750 core2duo 2.66ghz

2gb ddr2 ram

2900xt

vista 64 ultimate

leonil, how much ram are you using on your 32 bit Vista?

If you've had success I may go with this hotfix to see if it works, I've got the black menu screen load issue at the mo. I'm on version 1.08, latest Nvidia drivers (6222) 32 bit Vista with 4 x 1GB Ram strips

Cheers

Cuzer

so, after 1h : arma.exe  => 931mb

2h => 1053 mb

3h => 956 mb

4h => 881 mb

c2d E4300@2,4 Ghz

2 Go 667Mhz Corsair

WinFast 8800GTS 320

Vista 32bit

Sorry mate, I didn't explain myself properly, what I meant was how much RAM do you have in your PC? It appears 4MB can cause a problem

Cuzer

I have 4 GB (3 registered) without problem. The hot fix seems to have made my Arma a little smoother. Haven't tried the new drivers. My game is playing pretty well now and I don't think I want to mess with anything (perhaps when the new service pack comes out I'll update drivers, etc.)

Nubbing, what do you mean by 3 registered? Sorry if my lack of tech knowledge is getting in the way here but I want to be sure putting this hot fix on may help the situation.

I'm not happy about going back to the old Nvidia drivers either really so I hope something can be done about the compatability on this???

Cheers

Cuzer

Ah well, not working on 4GB + 8800GTX, so don't get thou helps up, lads. Keep the 158.18/24s on.

Sooo, you're running XP and 4GB of RAM? Is my assumption correct?

/offtopic

Despite most of the (false) rumurs floating around on the net, 4gb is not actually a ""problem" for gamers (or home users altogether for that matter). Sure, windows will not see the full 4gb (if you have a pagefile enabled), but it won't cause problems.

The "4gb limit" is an issue for Terminal Servers, not home PC's.

I would explain further but I am a little busy replacing switches atm (curse the idiot that installed ProCurve over Cisco) sad_o.gif

More Info here

/ontopic

Thanks for link, my Vista and new copy of Bioshock thanks you smile_o.gif

I just got ArmA and I have a 8800 GTX Vista home premium 32 bit and when I start it up it blacks out all the menu screen except the video portion. Another one is its loading up but stuck so I ctrl alt delete it and then the computer fully crashes. Is there hope for 8800 GTX Vista Users?

Quote[/b] ]I have a 8800 GTX Vista home premium 32 bit

Note that you need BOTH the Microsoft hotfix and Nvidia beta driver. It did wonders for me with the same card and OS as you.

Halochief89 let me know if you get the problem sorted. I'm currently at black menu screen with 32 bit Vista, 8800GTX (6344 drivers) and 4GB Ram. I've held off on the Window's hotfix as yet because all other games work fine, including Bioshock which works a treat!

All comments appreciated, would love to play Arm A with minimum disruption to my PC if at all possible? banghead.gif

Cuzer

So what about XP users with same error?

for a long time i runned arma smoothly without errors, but now it have started to do it again (havent done anything special).

is the 158.24 drivers still the most stable?

(and i have 8800GTS 640mb)

Lemme get this correct:

Some 8800GTX + 4GB users with 32-bit Vista have the game working with:

163.44 + Vista Hotfix.

Also:

158.18 nVidia Drivers with no hotfix?

Also: The hot fix link isn't working for me (32bit).

Edit/Update: I downloaded these 158.18 + these 163.44 drivers. No luck. I'm pretty sure I've already downloaded these before and tried them all. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to try. No current drivers for Vista 32 + 8800GTX + 4GB Ram are currently working (for me anyway).