Sign in to follow this  
ZNorQ

Why the exitWith at the end of scripts?

I've browsed through several scripts, and some of them end with

if (true) exitWith {};

Is this really necessary, and if so - why?

ZNorQ

I don't recommend it, since if you start using #include, it will prematurely terminate the script.

This is related to it so i tought it wasnt usefull to make a seperate topic, is it true the normal exit doesnt work for sqf as stated in the wiki?

EXIT

I never understood the change so mabey someone can explain how to have it work like the normal exit as soon as it hits the scripts ends.

Pretty sure WIKI is right. In SQF, you'd often have code with a condition for exiting, like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (!leader player) exitWith

{

hint "You must be leader to perform this command.";

// this will now terminate this script here.

};

// otherwise resume with normal execution of script

Pretty sure WIKI is right. In SQF, you'd often have code with a condition for exiting, like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (!leader player) exitWith

{

hint "You must be leader to perform this command.";

// this will now terminate this script here.

};

// otherwise resume with normal execution of script

But, is the if {} exitWith {} statement the only way to exit a script prematurely?

I find it strange that your have to pose a question to force an exit to a script. The exit statement should have been just as valid for sqf files, as for sqs...

ZNorQ.

It's not.

Hehe, ok.

Thanks for the feedback.

ZNorQ.