Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

VF RealSoundPatch V1.3 for Arma 1.08

= INCLUDES PATCH AND MOD VERSION =

= CURRENT VERSION 1.3 for V1.08 final =

You can install this current version as either sound patch or as a separate MOD, whichever method fits you best.

Instructions how to do this below (don't worry, it's easy).

Sound is all a matter of taste, so there's different sound packs out there already that serve different purposes. I like mine since it based on real sounds I captured from different original footage. During intense battle and with EAX turned on it really creates a nice battle atmosphere for me.

I have uploaded an 5 minute MP3 which was captured during an intense battle for Tiberia, that will give you a very good impression about what it sounds like without having to install it if you are unsure. The sound sample includes heavy firing of M4, M16, M240, M249, SVD and AK74 and Grenades.

You need 7zip to deflate this (www.7-zip.org), the best program for compressing sound data.

LINK to the MP3 teaser:

MP3 Teaser of VF_RealSoundV13

LINK to the sound patch:

VF_RealSoundV13_for_108

Changed sounds include (30 in total so far):

====================================

AK74SU, AK74, PK, Dragunov, RPG, DsHk, M4, M16, G36, Handgrenades, M136, M24, M240, M249, M2, Riflegrenades,

several explosions, MP5, MP5 silenced, Gun120

Installation method 1: using a patched "weapons.pbo" file.

==========================================================

1. Backup your Arma/Addons/weapons.pbo! This is important. For future updates and patches you will need the original files. No messing with game files if you don't have a backup!

2. Open the "FilePatchGen" directory and run "FilePatch.exe". The "File to patch" is your Arma weapons.pbo, the "Patch file" is my .ptc file and the "New patched file" is the file you want to create using my patch.

3. Take the new file afterwards, rename it to weapons.pbo and overwrite the orginal file with this. And think of step 1 before! No backup no patch!

Installation method 2: using a mod folder

==========================================================

1. Browse to your game directory, create a folder called "@VFSound". In "@VFSound", create another folder called "Addons".

2. Open the "FilePatchGen" directory and run "FilePatch.exe".

2.1 The "File to patch" is your Arma weapons.pbo (\Arma\Addons\weapons.pbo)

2.2 The "Patch file" is the supplied VF_RealSoundVxx.ptc file

2.3 The "New patched file" is the new weapons.pbo for the mod folder (\Arma\@VFSound\Addons\weapons.pbo)

3.Start Arma.exe with the "-mod=@VFSound" parameter to use the sounds

To do

=====

- Currently no plans to expand this; focus is on main battle weapons

Known Bugs

==========

The grenade throw sound ("Grenade!!!") is also played when taking grenades from an ammo box. I don't know why

this has been configured like this. Sometimes the same sound does not get played at all when throwing a grenade.

Revisions

=========

1.0 Initial release

1.1 Added single MGun shots instead of burst samples, new M203 grenade sound (east + west)

1.2 New / changed sounds: G36, M4, Grenade launcher,SVD, MP5 silenced, MP5, instructions for MOD included

1.3 Completey reworked sounds: M240, M249, M4 and M16, SVD, M2, slight changes to AK47, AK74

© 2007 Victor Farbau

Lurking around in the Arma forums

I do like some of those sounds - it'd be good to have a video so we could see which weapon is making each noise though?

I particularly like the sound of the m249 (i think?) with the mechanical sounds made by its moving parts on top of the actual report of the round going off.

Is this just a weapon sound replacement mod, or are other sfx replaced (vehicles, environment, etc) ?

Any chance of a mirror, like FileFront? Damn this rapidshare...

The preview is very promising, i would really like to try the stuff out myself.

Any chance of a mirror, like FileFront? Damn this rapidshare...

The preview is very promising, i would really like to try the stuff out myself.

I sent him the link, but forgot to add it so here you can get it:

VF RealSound (@ armaholic.com)

I agree it would be useful to have a video showing the weapons when firing - but my sound card doesn't allow capturing in conjunction with FRAPS. Haven't found a solution yet to capture sound&video on my local PC as of yet...

Cheers,

VictorFarbau