Sign in to follow this  
redberon2003

Civilian Insurgents

how the heck can i make AI civy's go against Blufor? i can give them guns but i can't make them shoot at me pistols.gif

well, im trying to get it done through scripting, thats my goal what im trying right now is

createCenter east;

enemy_grp1 = createGroup east;

in the init.sqf file

and then

do (units this) joinSilent enemy_grp1

in the soldier's init line but it's not working sad_o.gif

Just make an east soldier, and make him a colonel.

Now make the civilians with a lower rank, press F2, drag lines between the civilians and the soldier.

Now open the east soldier, in his init write

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">deletevehicle this

Preview

The civilians will now be on the east side. smile_o.gif

Just make an east soldier, and make him a colonel.

Now make the civilians with a lower rank, press F2, drag lines between the civilians and the soldier.

Now open the east soldier, in his init write

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">deletevehicle this

Preview

The civilians will now be on the east side. smile_o.gif

You guys *REALLY* need to stop advising that for arma. It doesn't work right anymore.

It makes the unit you do this to engage enemies as expected, however, the enemy won't engage them until they're withing positive identification range (loosely 100 meters) or he fires first. If the civies always fire first, you're consistantly looking at a whole bunch of killed soldiers before they react.

The reason for this is in arma, the AI uses the side defined in the unit's config.cpp for identification purposes until it gets very close.

Quote[/b] ]You guys *REALLY* need to stop advising that for arma. It doesn't work right anymore.

Erm...from my experience this is not quite true as I have at least 3 missions done, using the grouped-with-probability of presence 0-trick and they all work flawless. Civillians are attacked as expected and they do attack as expected aswell. The defenders (bluefor) attack the civis as soon as they got spotted (not 100m´s) and hunted down by blufor. I´m not saying that you are wrong, but this trick really does work for me without any problems at all while the setfriend command does not work properly due to the problem of objects and vehicles placed as "Empty" are assumed to be hostile by blufor when setfriend is used as they are not class "empty" but class "civillian".

otherwise try

setFriend

if you dont have any "friendly" civilians

e.g

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

WEST setFriend [CIVILian, 0]

CIVILIAN setFriend [WEST, 0]

Quote[/b] ]otherwise try

setFriend

if you dont have any "friendly" civilians

e.g

Problem is that east side units will then attack any editor-placed object on the map and all empty vehicles, crates, etc.

Simplest way i know is this:

Open your mission file and find a civi. It will look like this:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Item8

{

side="CIV";

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={2459.386719,14.704413,2639.953613};

azimut=179.608002;

id=6;

side="CIV";

vehicle="Civilian15";

leader=1;

skill=0.600000;

Then change the side in two places from CIV to EAST or GUER (SLA or Independent).

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Item8

{

side="GUER";

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={2459.386719,14.704413,2639.953613};

azimut=179.608002;

id=6;

side="GUER";

vehicle="Civilian15";

leader=1;

skill=0.600000;

init="this addWeapon ""M4""; this addmagazine ""30Rnd_556x45_Stanag""; this addmagazine ""30Rnd_556x45_Stanag""";

Save the change to the mision file and go back into Arma and reload the map. If your Blufor, the civi should now be red.

Now hes an enemy, and he has a rifle to shoot you with.

Note: If you click on the civi in teh editor and open the dialog box, it will turn him into that side....dunno why. All changes have to be made to the mission file after you change the civi's side.

Hope that helps.