Sign in to follow this  
Raz0rx

Battle Of Somato

Yo.

Got a problem with Battle Of Somato.

Every time i try to get past it, some waypoints don't trigger, and other times the AI refuses to respond to my commands.

Tonight i spent over 45 mins on this mission, and the waypoint after using the TOW to blow up the incoming armor refused to trigger.

So i went down to the base i had to destroy anyway... and destroyed it... took a tank, and cruised back to where it told me to, THEN THE WAYPOINT TRIGGERED, and then it said Mission Completed.

Then i got an almost black screen with waves in the background, not frozen... just not going anywhere or doing anything.

It's really frustrating... i've tried this mission so many damn times since 1.08 and i just cannot pass it. The game keeps fking me over, hardcore.

ANNOYANCE!

Anyone else get this? and/or know a way to fix it/get past it?

Thanks.

Come on, no-one has ever had this problem? sad_o.gif

I remember there was a way to skip levels, posted in the old "The Great Battle" threads, from the 1.01/1.02 days, but they seem to be gone. banghead.gif

Considering the troubles I have with night vision in this game I went through this mission never truly understanding what was going on at any given moment. I got killed when commanding the first two squads and managed to stay alive commanding the third.

However, from the way things played out I had no issues with triggers. Until I can fix my NV problem I tend not to replay any night missions at all and won't be able to see the different ways this one plays out, or if I get a similar bug.

The hardest part about this mission, and missions like this, is the AI is has the utmost incompetence for diving.

...and DRIVING.

Uggghhh... so ANNOYING when the AI decides it can't navigate a turn, then stops, and reverses, then drives, and stops, and reverses, about 8 times before finally getting around the corner...

IDIOTS.

On a lighter note, WOOT I DID IT!

w00tss2.jpg

Nice score, too... though i have no idea what it even exists for... same with the white/silver circles, or red crosses.

Means absolutely nothing from what i can tell... huh.gif

A little feedback from probably the last person to undergo the campaign for the very first time in the lastest patch, 1.18, no mods. In this particular mission, in the second part of it, the 2 BMPS who are supposed to come from the south as radio announced, get stuck in a not so tight turn. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but because there is a very steep slope and the turn is also uphill they get stuck trying to climb a 45º slope :S This sucks. It's like a person designed the levels and then someone else designed the AI (or should i say, used the OF one). It's a poor level design. The real problem is the fact the AI isn't really aware of it's environment and can't adapt. It assumes in this case it's in a level plane and going off road won't hurt.

I must say maybe 1 or 2 missions I've played gone according to the design. :(