Sign in to follow this  
oChaos.DNJ

Servers Crashing....

It seems like lately, almost every server I join has been crashing.

I was in one room it crashed, then rejoined the server and it crashed again. So I joined another server instead, and it crashed too.........

These were a couple servers on the top of player amounts.

So i joined a server with only one guy, and playeed for awhile without the server crashing.

I mean it seemed like it was someone intentionally crashing the servers. Weither with a program, or found a flaw in the game that would. Since they were crashing back to back in such a short amount of time.

Hmm Ive been asking myself the same question. But I have isolated a common problem and that is on Evo servers. Somebody is DELIBERATELY crashing the Evo servers by attacking and clearing towns that are not in the attack order.

For example last night I was on the IMOteam server having a good time with some cool players we were attacking Cayo and having a good firefight with the AI then all of a sudden the message came up that Corazol was cleared, I immediately knew the server was phucked and said so and as expected I lost contact with the server. The night before I was on FullContactWar server and we were mopping up in Ortego everybody working as a team and the combat immersion was spot on, all of a sudden we also heard Corazol was clear and everyone was asking who cleared Corazol when Ortego wasnt cleared then we lost the server.

Some stinking gay assed bastards are using hacks to attack the towns out of sequence and crashing the servers. One of them was caught and banned last weekend, he was attacking Bagango when Obregon wasnt cleared and was caught in the act... Bagango was absolutely leveled with only a few building left standing, when we got to the area we hardly had cover so we had a warm time with the AI hiding in bushes and debris nailing us with the usual aim bot accuracy.

A set of rotten idiots are doing this.. they must be stopped.

Sounds like a bug in the map is being exploited - probably will be easily fixed in the next version we hope.

Aye, the XAM mod changes how the weapons work and this will crash the server, even if a single client connects with it loaded up.

Aye, the XAM mod changes how the weapons work and this will crash the server, even if a single client connects with it loaded up.

I've been on many servers with people running XAM fine?

I've been on many servers with people running XAM fine?

It's not XAM mod in and of itself that causes the crashes, it's how it is used.

If somebody, for example, uses one of the full auto M16s, holds down the trigger and hits somebody on the 4th shot (or anything after the 3rd) it will crash the server, because (from what I understand) the server is under the impression that only a burst is meant to be fired, but the client is saying that a hit is being made with a non-existent bullet. If you get what I'm saying.

I don't know all that much on the techie side, all I know is that we've had countless evolution games ruined and we tested that specific M16 bug ourselves, guarranteed crash every time.