Sign in to follow this  
lennard

HEX editer

I really need to know how to hex edit a P3d file. I dont get it. When I open a p3d file with Hex editer I get this

I would like to get an extensive explanation. Thanks in advance.

Lennard.

I really need to know how to hex edit a P3d file. I dont get it. When I open a p3d file with Hex editer I get this

I would like to get an extensive explanation. Thanks in advance.

Lennard.

They are 3d objects, Cant edit them with hex unless your crazy good.

Yes but if I want to make an addon I still need to edit the p3d files as stated in some toturials. I´m confused crazy_o.gif

Lennard.

A: Wait for BIS to release Ozone or whatever it's called.

or...

B: You can go HERE, although I have no idea if that'll help because I'm too stupid to understand half of the lingo in that thread.

when you hex-edit a p3d file, it's surely becasue you want to add new textures, replacing the old ones (since you can't modify the whole structure of the model itself)

to do it, you must pay attention, cause the length of the modified p3d (in byte) must be the same of the original one.

So, when you want i.e. to replace the texture "kameni.pac" (dunno if it exist tounge2.gif) you should replace it with a tewxture with the same length in name, so "newtex.paa" (10 letters as the old texture file)

To do it, download Hex-editor "xvi32_231" then open you p3d, find the string related to the texture, (in this example, find "kameni.pac") then go to Search--->Replace...

l1bd6.jpg

as you can see, change the texture you need to change, and hit OK.

Do the same for all the files you want to replace wink_o.gif

ONE MORE THING:

you should also change the path of the files... so the length of the path (in bytes) must be the same too.

i.e: replace o\data\kameni.pac

with

tracktor\da\t.pac

hope it can help you

Linker Split

You have got a correct and detailed explanation how to edit the P3D. Don't forget to backup your work wink_o.gif If you prefer another way, there is an old small ofp tool that was used before O2 cames up that does the same. Texture Swap Utility

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the Anwser. I don't really understand it. But I will try everything and then I will make it. Thanks a lot notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

@MiG

When I open a .p3d file of arma with Texture Swap there comes an error: OVERFLOW. Is that normal or what?

Lennard.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the Anwser. I don't really understand it. But I will try everything and then I will make it. Thanks a lot notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

@MiG

When I open a .p3d file of arma with Texture Swap there comes an error: OVERFLOW. Is that normal or what?

Lennard.

I used it years ago, can't remember the error messages, but i can remember i used unpack.sqm to decript the odol P3d file before using the swap utility tool, maybe that's why that overflow error occurs. You can find unpack sqm here

If you found this complicated, better use hex editor. Hex will do the job or you, about this method dunno, i've tryed it only with OFP at the beginning, not with arma p3d files.