Sign in to follow this  
Wheels909

Start up issues.

I downloaded the 1.08 patch for my North American retail version of the game, then patched it...long story short you click the icon/shortcut/play it thinks... it stops...and that about sums it up. I 've read the other threads, and even downloaded a shortcut icon provided by some site (Which I forget at the moment) it purpose is to prevent the start up issue. In the end it told me I was missing some DLL, which I had someone send me the DLL that was claimed to be missing and I replaced it. Turns out the file was already there...so I continued to replaced it anyways. I would provide that DLL name but then again I deleted the whole game..whats the point if it cant run? Is there an alternate fix available?

I previously ran the game without any flaws or problems on an XP based computer....until 1.08 was released.

Im not the kind of person to complain about any PC game....I couldnt care if it was full of bugs...or if it ran horribly, instead it dosnt run at all. Here I sit thinking of what I could of done or spent $50 on. As long as the money sits in the companies account...who cares about the consummer after. I must say I'm very disappointed with this game.

Looked up other threads yet? There's lots of hints what you could try next (and yes, no guarantees; I had some serious issues too. Like lots of people here. 1.08 seems to split the community into "playing" and "won't be playing until next" wink_o.gif Don't give it up yet. I got my problem solved, somehow. You're not alone). Does it just stop loading? Do you get an error message? Does it freeze at startup? Please give more details. You could as well file up a bug report and look at the bugtracking site if you find something similar.

yea same thing here,I had to reformat my computer and reinstall windows and when i reinstalled the game now it wont start it just shows the hour glass for a sec and then nothing ive checked the task manager to see if it was hung up but its not there and ive updated all drivers for my sound and video with no luck.

msi k9nsli motherboard

amd 64 5600+ duel core

2 evga 6800gt pci express

2 gig corsair pc 6400 ddr2

2 80 gig hard drives

windows xp home sp 2.

Yes, I've looked at the other methods yet they seem complicated with little or no results. As for the start up soon as you click the shortcut/play, etc...the cursor apprears as an hour glass for 3 to 4 seconds and then it returns to normal.

Come on BIS. Sort it out. I have just upgraded my PC. Yesterday I was playing 1.08 PERFECTLY and now that I have upgraded my processor (Core2Duo) and a new mobo and ram, IT AINT WORKING NOW.

I click the start icon and after 3 seconds (of the egg-timer) nothing else happens.

Any clues?

Come on BIS. Sort it out. I have just upgraded my PC. Yesterday I was playing 1.08 PERFECTLY and now that I have upgraded my processor (Core2Duo) and a new mobo and ram, IT AINT WORKING NOW.

I click the start icon and after 3 seconds (of the egg-timer) nothing else happens.

Any clues?

I installed a USB 2.0 Card and a 320GB External drive.

Now AA won't install properly...

6 times installing, using a different Harddrive each time....

Install goes fine, I even get the screen to "play now" and "read notes"... but guess what?

The pbo's in Addons are mostly 1kb big, and when I try to apply the 1.05 patch, of course I get messages about this and that file being corrupt.....

German DVD version, installed fine before, just now that I've formatted and added the USB card and USB drive, now it wants to cause trouble......

Installed now for the 9th time.....

when I FINALLY get around the all too known Securom CD check, I get this REALLY nice and new message:

Data file too short 'addons\air.pbo'.

Oh, and the installation ends with a "success", and the option to play or read the readme.txt

ya know, I've always been the quiet supporter, knowing that every game, program, comes with some bugs....

but this.... this is nothing short of taking advantage of the customer... Let them be the Beta testers, the Guinea Pigs... This game ain't that old, and we're already at 8 updates, more if your count the beta fixes and hot fixes, and still we dont, well, alot of us, have a game we can actually play.....

I'm beyond disappointed... my son got this for Christmas 2006/07, and he is still pretty much "waiting for his present". Thanks guys.