Sign in to follow this  
Nikoo

"Impossible rescue", by [MS-Team]-Nikoo

small screenshot added in first post wink_o.gif

tested today but mission doesnt end after bringing hostage back to base...we landed in mh-6 at airport, got out and even tried runnin around for awhile but for some reason the last objective wasnt recognized when i played it. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I loaded the game after saving it in single player. I dsidnt have the time to play it straight through without saving at the time.

tested today but mission doesnt end after bringing hostage back to base...we landed in mh-6 at airport, got out and even tried runnin around for awhile but for some reason the last objective wasnt recognized when i played it. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I loaded the game after saving it in single player. I dsidnt have the time to play it straight through without saving at the time.

I have put in the README file of the mission (and in the first post of this thread) that "at base" means "near the US flag". By near, I mean about 5 meters max.

I have played it several times alone and I have tested it 2 times with 7 friends, without any problem concerning what you are mentioning : the hostage is correctly taken out of the group and stays near the US flag.

Was the hostage in that range from the flag ? Try this and tell me how it goes. Don't hesitate to give another feedback/ask other questions.

Besides, this isn't the last objective.... whistle.gif

i dunno if the hostage was 5m from flag but i know i was...i stood right up to it for about 30 seconds (have to admit i didnt read the readme).

It might be a good idea to increase the distance the hostage needs to be from flag...or you can make it where the player has to be within 5m of flag as long as hostage is alive and within 50m of it. Much more reliable and accomplishes the same thing without having to worry about perfectly placing the hostage (who sometimes doesnt listen to well anyway, lol.)

anyway, ill try ordering him to the flag and see what happens with that..thanks :-)

Quote[/b] ]i dunno if the hostage was 5m from flag but i know i was...i stood right up to it for about 30 seconds (have to admit i didnt read the readme).

At base : near the flag, near the medic tent, near the ammocrate, and near all where the available vehicles are, actually all this constitutes the base, so if you want to save the hostage, you have to bring him at base. The position required isn't strict. It's just to be at base, that is near what constitutes the base.

I don't want to base the success of this objective on the presence of the player at base, since what is important is to take care of the hostage and get his informations....

Quote[/b] ]

Much more reliable and accomplishes the same thing without having to worry about perfectly placing the hostage

Like I said, no perfect positioning is required. Just important to bring the hostage at base. Not 50 meters or 1 km, or anything elsewhere.

Besides, you don't have to order the hostage, since he's just following you. You just have to personally be at base, near the flag or the ammocrate, with the hostage following you.

ok, well first you said it needs to be 5m max, and now you say it doesnt matter...anyway...

the mission wouldnt end using a loaded save game. I guess it has to be played through all the way without saving. I thought the save game feature bug was fixed in a patch but i guess not.

...just letting you know is all.

*UPDATED EDIT: ok well it appears when returning the hostage back to base the distance that the hostage needs to be from the flag is a strict 5m or less, just returning to base with him is not enough...you must order him to go to the flag pole.

I still cant get the mission to end however after destroying the scud launcher and returning to base by myself...nothing happens.

I told you 5 meters max by memory. I just checked with the editor, and actually, the trigger is set on "hostage has to be within 8 meters from the ammocrate", which is pretty much what is expected by what is said in the readme : "at base" means near the flag.

I haven't tried to stop the mission and continue it later, since it was mainly designed for multiplayer coop of small groups of players.

I guess that the problem you are encountering may be due to this : stop and save, then continue another day.

Since I haven't experienced this with my team mates during my tests.

Sorry to tell you that I'm not sufficiently expert in editing to track down the single player (discontinued mission) issue you are experiencing.

However, it works fine if you do it entirely, alone or with other players.

smile_o.gif