Sign in to follow this  
sniper pilot

Weather Issue...

I couldn't find any other thread that has to do with this so here we go...

Last night, I was playing LAN with a buddy, I noticed it got real rainy and foggy (a tactical disadvantage), and i remarked "Damn its really pouring."

Guess what my buddy said?

"Its sunny as hell" I leaned over and looked and saw hell it was! Man thats the reason he just sniped me off...

Obviously its client side on LAN, but is it like that for all MP games also? I know Evo has a cool server side weather system, but it makes you wonder about the other times... anyways if anyone could clear this up for me that would be great thanks...

Weather, fog and time of day are all local effects. I'm not sure if ArmA reproduces the same weather conditions (rain, fog, wind, etc) on each client given the same initial conditions (ie, weather settings in the mission editor).

In the case of area specific weather, while some clients are seeing heavy rain or fog, the AI living on the server don't.

In Evo

On our server (Time Zone Warriors) (just a little plug) rofl

when one of us remarks about the weather... we all see it...

you can even check the map and see the weather moving on the map....

From my expierence in OFP mostly, aswell as ArmA the overall condition of the weather is similar. Ie - if its cloudy on one game it will be on another, however there maybe a slight gap of a few minutes for features such as rainstorms etc.

Not sure if this has carried onto ArmA though, but that drastic difference in weather seems a bit odd lol.

There is no synchronizing of the weather in multiplayer. You have to use a script.

In Evo

On our server (Time Zone Warriors) (just a little plug) rofl

when one of us remarks about the weather... we all see it...

you can even check the map and see the weather moving on the map....

Right ,but thats a script as Celery mentioned...

Anyways thats too bad, I hope BIS fixes this as it can be a disadvantage, a real flaw in gameplay... And it is worse than in OFP, only you can see the rain a little bit better wink_o.gif