Sign in to follow this  
volkov956

Non Lethal Weapons

I am wondering is it possible to make a non lethal weapon in ARMA that could stun or knock down an opponent with out killing them? Like have a Damage Ratio of 0 so you don;t kill them if u go nutz

In the auld OFP mod by SLX, you could be wounded (on the ground, crying for mommy) and thus disabled, but not killed. Maaaan I want that mod for ArmA already inlove.gif

As to "knocking out" and whatnot, anything's doable with scripting. biggrin_o.gif (which should be posted someplace else, probably, unless you're planning on making an SLX-style giant project out of getting knocked unconscious).

Regards,

Wolfrug

Quote[/b] ]In the auld OFP mod by SLX, you could be wounded (on the ground, crying for mommy) and thus disabled, but not killed.

Same with the ArmA SLX mod (I'm betatester tounge2.gif )

Very well done. You can shoot somebody in the arms and he drops his weapon. If you are fast enough you can take him as captive.

Should do something like with a taser, you hit the dude and he goes setcaptive true

wink_o.gif

Maybe if we use the anim of the soldier dying but leaving the same or a bit less of life. So, he stay in the ground (the weapon fall of his hands) for 1 o 1' 30'' minutes and when he stand up he is already surrounded.

That could be but it's a shame that i don't have any clue with scripting, and i have a LOOOOOT of ideas =(

@Freshman

Tell Solus to hurry his butt up! I checked out his screenshots (which he posted in the OFP thread but not the ArmA one crazy_o.gif ) and it looks seriously ass-kicking. We neeeeeeeed SLX!

That is all.

Regards,

Wolfrug

It's totally off-topic, but he was talking about finishing all the current stuff up to get the first arma SLX released smile_o.gif

a bit more on-topic, hitting one with a shovel (SLX feature) will not kill you, but it does injure you a lot, and in the end after a lot of bashing in ones head will lead to dead.