Sign in to follow this  
VMIAIRMAN

1.08 Not working/Greetings

Hey all, new to the forums but I have been playing Arma for a couple weeks now. It's a great game, when it works.

When I first bought the game, it worked fine for a day, even with the 1.08 patch. One night when I went to start it up, it wouldn't run (all the normal symptoms that everyone else has). I updated my video card driver, worked great for about a week. Last night when I came back from dinner, it stopped working again. I downloaded the Securom fix from here, to no avail. That was last night.

Today....whoa...I started it up just now as I was writing this and it works? That's odd. I didn't do anything to it...

I have browsed through many pages of the troubleshooting forum and I didn't have much luck.

Anyways, since it works now, without being touched, I'm happy again. I don't know what I did.

Well, I guess this will probably be locked but that's fine. I guess my standing question is whether or not someone's had this issue like I have with the game sporadically not working like it did. I'll post a greeting thread in another place as well.

See you all around! yay.gif

Okay, after playing it for a while yesterday, the game completely crashed on me. Video Card overheated, apparently. It's done that before.

Go to play it today, nothing. Doesn't work again. sad_o.gif

As far as downloading that hotfix, what is it that you exactly have to do with it to get the game to work?

I guess I should mention that this is a retail bought game. Not downloaded or anything.

Could you please give us your computer spec please? It would help us find the problem biggrin_o.gif

Talking about the 'hotfix' i assume you have an ATI card... if you download the LATEST version of the driver 7.6 you will not need the hotfix...

Interesting. Upon starting it up just now, it works. Weird.

Anyways... Computer Specs:

Operating System: XP Home Edition

BIOS: Phoenix-AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz

Memory: 1024MB RAM

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Graphics Device: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT

Audio Device: SB Live! Audio [A400]

Hope that helps.

could be your Vid card im on the GT 7600 and im on low settings

who knows

crazy_o.gif

Surprise!  It doesn't work again! yay.gif

This is seriously torqing my jaw.  Why would it work fine one day and then do a total 180* on me and not work the next?  I haven't touched a single thing on my computer and haven't messed with the game since yesterday! mad_o.gif

My video card is fully updated.

This is interesting. It works on my brother's account but not mine. Hmmmm.

I'm guessing that there is no solution to this problem. After not playing this game for about a week now, it still does not work.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know because I'm out of ideas.

Thanks.

run some adware/virus scans. maybe turn off any emulation software, u might have running.