Sign in to follow this  
_-Tiger-_

SLA Weapon-Pack

Have to add some things:

- Me = Shadow NX from RHS, you should know that Tigga wink_o.gif

Credits for models used go to:

- AS Val base model by Sniper Skull

- Cobra Optics by Totmacher ( never released with the old RHS weap pack )

- OSV-96 Original base model by RUSniper later modified and textured by DPS from OurWeapons Mod

---

But also congratulations to this release and im also sorry for being completely absent from MSN last months Tiger.

ok will update the Credits, the basis of as val is vss and vss is of Sniper Skull?

@Ti0n3r

I have problems with to provide and with the together play Textures (smdi, nohq) and the config.

If you're not sure how to define the maps in the config file check out either my BMD or the Mi-24. Both have configs that show how to apply both normal and material maps.

If you're not sure how to define the maps in the config file check out either my BMD or the Mi-24. Both have configs that show how to apply both normal and material maps.

X2. I'd like to see 'em with normals too.

Id like to post my suggestions after i tested them for a while.

Lets hope Tiger sees this as constructive critic.

- All weapons far far too dark, i recomment to have ArmA runnign while working in PS to get correct brightness values

- Many textures could badly need some more work which is a shame cause the models look very very good.

Try brighten them up and you see that there were many very low res ones are used maybe tiger should reconsider my offer of using the RHS weap pack as workbase for textures.

- Some sounds arent very well picked, can offer videos of nearly all of the weapons as base.

- Size, most weapons look quite a bit too big.

- Triangle / Skelleton stock has no opening in the middle in Pilot view.

- Too many textures for just one weapon, like Bizon has 3 or 4 alone not counting the files for effects

This pack has great potencial but it needs some more polishing.

Will try to be availeable in MSN again if you need anythign Tiger.

Weapon Pack update

thanks for constructive critic, I removed some errors.

new:

-new sounds for as val, vss, sa61

-a little more brightly the color Textur (_co) for as val, vss, vsk94

-All weapons have now one normal-map (_nohq)

-Weapon Box

box2.jpg

DL: SLA Weapon Pack

Great! But what about the accuracy? Didn't you guys notice that the bullet hits ABOVE the reticle mark in VSS and Val models? Is it just my problem?

Seems to me the functionality is a little bit more important in this case than the appearance...

Great! But what about the accuracy? Didn't you guys notice that the bullet hits ABOVE the reticle mark in VSS and Val models? Is it just my problem?

Seems to me the functionality is a little bit more important in this case than the appearance...

I think the marks are zeroed for pretty decent range.

Edit:Just tried out the updated guns, it seems the OSV-96s sound got messed up and it now plays the reloading sound when I fire.

I was about 30 meters from the wall and I shot at the wall looking through the scope, the bullet hit about half a meter higher than where I was aiming. How is that decent?

I was about 30 meters from the wall and I shot at the wall looking through the scope, the bullet hit about half a meter higher than where I was aiming. How is that decent?

they are zeroed for a much further range than 30m, try around 150ish and the reticle is dead on. No scope is perfect at all ranges as bullets rise and drop as they fly.

Just tried the new download, exactly the same problem... If you want to get a headshot at somebody 50-100 meters, you have to aim at their lower chest! What kind of ballistics are these??? Do you guys actually aim with the large top shevron in Russian scopes? That's not correct, it suppose to be the top small shevron, the one that is lined up with the horizontal line. That's how it works and that's how the BIS designed their optics in this game. Help me out here, I am so lost. Tiger, at which shevron did you design your rifles to shoot at? By shevron I mean those little half triangales in the reticle (crosshair).

They're zeroed at 150m (e.g. the bullet will hit in the centre of the reticle at 150m range). In other words, at ranges < 150m, you will have to aim below the centre of the scope to compensate for the bullet.

Just did a small test, first small chevron seems to be zeroed at around 200m. On the VSS at least.

here you have little script to add all weapons and ammo to your crate. Just in ammobox init line put this ' this exec "fillCargo.sqs" '.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// FillCargo.sqs by HqPL for Tigers SLAweapon pack

clearWeaponCargo this;

clearMagazineCargo this;

this addWeaponCargo ["VSS",20];

this addWeaponCargo ["AS_Val",20];

this addWeaponCargo ["AS_Val_Kobra",20];

this addWeaponCargo ["Bizon2",20];

this addWeaponCargo ["Bizon2_Kobra",20];

this addWeaponCargo ["Bizon3",20];

this addWeaponCargo ["Bizon3_Kobra",20];

this addWeaponCargo ["SA_61",20];

this addWeaponCargo ["VSK94",20];

this addWeaponCargo ["OSV_96",20];

this addMagazineCargo ["10Rnd_9x39_VSS",100];

this addMagazineCargo ["20Rnd_9x39_AS_Val",100];

this addMagazineCargo ["20Rnd_9x39_VSK94",100];

this addMagazineCargo ["64Rnd_9x19_Bizon",100];

this addMagazineCargo ["64Rnd_9x19_BizonSD",100];

this addMagazineCargo ["20Rnd_9x18_sa61",100];

this addMagazineCargo ["5Rnd_OSV96",100];

this addMagazineCargo ["5Rnd_127x108_KSVK",100];

Awesome work! these are some of the best weapons out for ArmA.

I'm having a little trouble with the accuracy and damage of these guns though. I thought they were supposed to be able to go through body armor? I've got no idea though, I'm just asking.

Also, the ret on the Kobra sight could be a little brighter or maybe a different colour. It's really hard to see. Overall, amazing work.

the osv has same config variable as ksvk and osv is laid for large distances out. For small distances each sniper has the sa61. wink_o.gif

Out of curiosity : what happens if two weapons have the same name? I'm guessing you sort of define stuff like tags and the like inside the configs these days (why many different soldiers can still all be named "Soldier" on the outside with no conflict), but what about stuff like this? I mean, not to rain on anybody's parade or anything, but what if someone other bozo comes along and makes a VSS, and, surprise surprise, names it "VSS".

this addweapon "VSS" -> which bloody VSS?

And of course that also applies to the magazines. I entirely agree with the practice to keep BIS' new way of describing magazines (number of rounds, caliber, weapon), but...isn't it still a veryvery good idea to keep your own TAGs on them? Just so there aren't a thousand addons with "15rnd_9x19_m9" magazines around, eh? crazy_o.gif

But since so many esteemed addon makers haven't reacted to this in any way, I'm just going to have to assume I'm wrong in this, and that it's somehow, magically, possible to have many weapons with the same name (or alternatively everyone else making a VSS will use tags, and we hope BIS never introduces an official VSS). smile_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

Out of curiosity : what happens if two weapons have the same name? I'm guessing you sort of define stuff like tags and the like inside the configs these days (why many different soldiers can still all be named "Soldier" on the outside with no conflict), but what about stuff like this? I mean, not to rain on anybody's parade or anything, but what if someone other bozo comes along and makes a VSS, and, surprise surprise, names it "VSS".

this addweapon "VSS" -> which bloody VSS?

And of course that also applies to the magazines. I entirely agree with the practice to keep BIS' new way of describing magazines (number of rounds, caliber, weapon), but...isn't it still a veryvery good idea to keep your own TAGs on them? Just so there aren't a thousand addons with "15rnd_9x19_m9" magazines around, eh? crazy_o.gif

But since so many esteemed addon makers haven't reacted to this in any way, I'm just going to have to assume I'm wrong in this, and that it's somehow, magically, possible to have many weapons with the same name (or alternatively everyone else making a VSS will use tags, and we hope BIS never introduces an official VSS). smile_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

It wil cause a conflict and neither addon will probably work. Thats why most people use prefixes on their addons, like Mech_BMD for my BMD.

Having established this, and looking at the fine list for filling an ammocrate HqPl up there has posted, I can't help but notice there're no tags in the name there.

sad_o.gif As nice as I'm sure this addon is, is it too much to ask for the addonmaker to make sure they've got their own, unique, registered tag to assure there will be no conflicts now nor in the future?

Or, rephrased : I'm not downloading this addon until it has proper tags, although admittedly that's not going to make any difference in the long run. All I wanted to do was point out this fact.

thumbs-up.gif Happy addon-making.

Regards,

Wolfrug