Sign in to follow this  
phaeden

Help with Guided Weapons (ACE)

Greetings All,

I have searched high and low and everywhere in between and I haven't been able to find a solution to a problem I am experiencing while trying to get ACE ready for release.

The problem I am having is that no matter what I do, I can not create guided weapons that will go beyond ~1,500 meters.  At that point, it is like some imaginary wire is cut and the missile goes crazy. banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ] class ACE_9K119round: MissileBase

{

model = "\ca\weapons\AT1";

hit = 540;

indirectHit = 80;

indirectHitRange = 5;

cost = 8000;

maxSpeed = 355;

irLock = 0;

manualControl = 1;

maxControlRange = 8000;

simulationStep = 0.001;

timeToLive=35;

trackOversteer = 0.1;

trackLead = 0.001;

initTime = 0;

thrustTime = 3;

thrust = 290;

maneuvrability = 22;

};

That is the code I have tried most recently.  The missile will work, but it won't stay under control for more than 1.5 km.  

As this weapon is used to (hopefully) engage NATO vehicles at long range (~4 km), it would be really helpful if they would fly that far.

Any help or comments that could get me moving in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi

You have a problem and I ask more questions. Does ACE include changes to vehicle damage/combat?

EDIT: What's that "time to live"? Perhaps missile does not travel enough far enough fast.

Wild guess, trusttime.. how long does it take to go to 4 km?

I don't know what weapon system you talk about but 3 seconds sounds about right what it took for the swedish weapon system i coded that went 1500 meters.

Maybe its "no thrust, no engine to steer", wouldn't explain the lgb that probaly have no engine if made correct.

In ofp around 1500 meters was the max before a missile went crazy, and just hit the "roof" and exploded in sky.

Maybe something thats left from ofp, so even if the bullet may live the control isn't.

Good to hear you getting ready for release, and this isn't the right forum. You should write in "ARMA EDITING->ARMA : CONFIGS AND SCRIPTING (addons)"

Thanks for your replies. I still haven't figured it out but 1,500m seems to be the spot at which the game engine decides that the player has had control long enough. There are some work arounds (such as the "controllable" TOW that MCAR released) which trick the game into giving you control for longer, but it isn't exactly what I am after either. I may have to go the path of camcreated missile which stays in the center of the FOV. I don't know.

As for "Does ACE include changes to vehicle damage/combat?" the answer is yes. ACE is a complete conversion. All, or nearly all, values are changes in some manner or other. The main purpose is to create a MOD that provides "playable realism."