Sign in to follow this  
Zim

the support waypoint is not working 4 me

hello guys

I have a set of fuel trucks and ammo trucks.

i gave them a waypoint (set is as  a support waypoint) so that if soldiers are out of ammo or fuel can call for support and the trucks will drive to them and help etc..

problem is, as soon as the vehicles reach the support waypoint, they exit their vehicles upon reaching it and if i try to use the support command, its empty as if there is no support units on the map to call.

am I missing something? is there a workaround?

thx for any help.

Moving.

sorry about that.. i should have checked on what forum i was on.. had a few pages open (from each section) and ended up replying in the wrong one

back to subject.. any1 else have this problem? is there a work around or am i just doing something wrong? cant find the answer anywhere crazy_o.gif

Try putting the support waypoint right on top of the unit, by clicking the unit its self when placing the waypoint.

its kinda hard since the player is moving and i want the support to come from another close by base...

basicly my support units are supposed to wait in a close by base until called upon.. so the player could be in different locations.

i might go and try to find a script or something, its just weird since the support waypoint is supposed to do exactly what i'm trying to acheive.. but instead they exit the vehicles upon reaching it.

Try locking the vehicles if i understand correctly your problem is the ai getting out.

Locking a vehicle prevents only the human players to get in the vehicle. The AI can still get in and out of them.

After all I think it's a good idea that the AI is leaving the support vehicles because: Figure a situation where you are a tank commander and the tracks of your tank are disabled. Your tank doesn't do any move anymore. Now you call the repair truck, but the AI never will get that close to your tank you can repair at the truck. The only way is that you get out of the tank, into the truck and move it to your tank.

Would the AI not get out of the truck, you'll never be able to repair.

Above happened a few days back to me. Not sure but it might be by design that AI leaving the support trucks on arrival. If they get in them again once you moved on and call them again I haven't checked yet.

hello guys

I have a set of fuel trucks and ammo trucks.

i gave them a waypoint (set is as a support waypoint) so that if soldiers are out of ammo or fuel can call for support and the trucks will drive to them and help etc..

problem is, as soon as the vehicles reach the support waypoint, they exit their vehicles upon reaching it and if i try to use the support command, its empty as if there is no support units on the map to call.

am I missing something? is there a workaround?

thx for any help.

The way the support works in ArmA single player is you call for say a "Repairs" and the closest repair truck with a support waypoint gets in, drives over, and hops out. This is normal that they get out.

To have them be ready to support again you simply have to say "Support Done" so they are available to be used again.

Why does the support system not work in multiplayer?!?! It works in single player!