Sign in to follow this  
Chip360

UnPBO/DePBO Not working

Edit: From Below:

Quote[/b] ]Update

Ok, Ive tried the manual extraction form the link way above and I get error

'cpbo' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Not to mention, it was totally annoying having to bring up the command prompt to manually do it.

so my problem thus far:

Cpbo:

Must have only done a partial install...

When I right click a folder, i see the "make .pbo" command,

however, when I right click a .pbo, I do not see the "extract" or "unpack" command.

Upon clicking the file cpbo.exe to try to reinstall, it says

"Default PBO icon already exists, not overwritten. Done."

THIS IS FRUSTRATING!!!!

ArmAUnPBO:

Ok, it opens and I select a .pbo.

then I select where to extract.

The problem is, in the space that displays the contents of the PBO at the bottom is empty. UnPBO for some reason cant recognize the contents of the PBO! It recognizes some PBOs and I can successfully extract, but most (including ones i was working on before I installed Vista X86) will not work.

Just a reminder, I am running Vista and I am running the programs as administrator. Please someone help me! This is so horrible as now all of my projects are on hold. Are the dePBO tools not compatible with Vista? Has anyone else running vista been able to get it to work? Does anyone else have the same problem? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Maybe I can try uninstalling cpbo (which I have no clue how to do) and installing it again?? Im about to have a mental breakdown..>...>.......@!1

help.gif HELP!!!  help.gif

Original Text: Ok, so like the title says, I am running on Vista X86 bit, and the Pbo tool (Neither of the 2 that I know of) are working. I dont get any new options to exract when I right click and nothing happens sad_o.gif  

There must be someone that knows how to fix this problem!

Edit: Ok, so can someone at least confirm that these tools work with Vista and maybe tell me how they did it?

So you have to manually do it with the command prompt? That sux sad_o.gif

I remember how perfectly it used to work with XP confused_o.gif

been a while...

I left for vacation, but it still doesnt work.

The "make PBO" command in the right click menu shows up for folders but when I right click .pbo's I dont see any "extract" or "unpbo"

sad_o.gif

Update

Ok, Ive tried the manual extraction form the link way above and I get error

'cpbo' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Not to mention, it was totally annoying having to bring up the command prompt to manually do it.

so my problem thus far:

Cpbo:

Must have only done a partial install...

When I right click a folder, i see the "make .pbo" command,

however, when I right click a .pbo, I do not see the "extract" or "unpack" command.

Upon clicking the file cpbo.exe to try to reinstall, it says

"Default PBO icon already exists, not overwritten. Done."

THIS IS FRUSTRATING!!!!

ArmAUnPBO:

Ok, it opens and I select a .pbo.

then I select where to extract.

The problem is, in the space that displays the contents of the PBO at the bottom is empty. UnPBO for some reason cant recognize the contents of the PBO! It recognizes some PBOs and I can successfully extract, but most (including ones i was working on before I installed Vista X86) will not work.

Just a reminder, I am running Vista and I am running the programs as administrator. Please someone help me! This is so horrible as now all of my projects are on hold. Are the dePBO tools not compatible with Vista? Has anyone else running vista been able to get it to work? Does anyone else have the same problem? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Maybe I can try uninstalling cpbo (which I have no clue how to do) and installing it again?? Im about to have a mental breakdown..>...>.......@!1

help.gif HELP!!!  help.gif

Update

help.gif HELP!!! help.gif

I am using cpbo with no issues on Vista x86 Ultimate.

I would definately suggest un-installing and re-installing the app. Remove both of them first (you should be able to remove them through the "Programs and ******" section is control panel (I forgot the full name).

When you re-install cpbo, make sure you right click on the downloaded install file, and choose "run as administrator". It is very important you run the installer as administrator in Vista (even if you are logged in as administrator you need to do this - common mistake), not just the program after it is installed.

It would not work for me until I did this.

Run regedit and search ur registry for .pbo

remove any record of anything .pbo

make sure you don't remove anything that looks like it, e.g: theapbo.exe blabla... dun touch it.

After that, right click cpbo.exe and choose run as administrator, then allow it to link to ur files. Should work a charm.

About the TC Plugin, im not sure yet on the $PREFIX$ functionality of the plugin, anyone able to comment on it (If it supports prefixes, and does so in the same manner as cpbo or mikero tools?).

Eliteness also does a treat! Get it at ofpec.com

Make sure you get the latest version.

Run regedit  and search ur registry for .pbo

make sure you don't remove anything that looks like it, e.g: theapbo.exe blabla... dun touch it.

Quote[/b] ]I am using cpbo with no issues on Vista x86 Ultimate.

I would definately suggest un-installing and re-installing the app. Remove both of them first (you should be able to remove them through the "Programs and ******" section is control panel (I forgot the full name).

When you re-install cpbo, make sure you right click on the downloaded install file, and choose "run as administrator". It is very important you run the installer as administrator in Vista (even if you are logged in as administrator you need to do this - common mistake), not just the program after it is installed.

It would not work for me until I did this.

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANYOU BOTH SO MUCH!

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifxmas_o.gif

You have totally made my day! I couldnt find it in my Add or remove programs list so I did what sickboy recommended. It Works! And thankyou to Foxhound for pointing out that other great program, Ill keep that in mind smile_o.gif

You guys are great thumbs-up.gif

Run regedit and search ur registry for .pbo

do we have to search for "pbo", or "cpbo" ?

The troubleshooting forum is only for troubleshooting issues related to BIS created things, CPBO is by Kegetys and thus it's a community created utility, moving to A&M:D