Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

PMC Baltic Command released!

Unfortunately there is no way to save it, its the savegame bug thats been with us for so long (only now on ArmA v1.09 it will be fixed, this again unfortunately wont help you). The second best option for saving a game is to just hit ESC and leave your computer running while you go away, if this is not possible, then you are completely out of options and just have to play 1 try = 1 mission style.

Sorry that there is no easier solution for this. Hope you still find time to complete the missions.

To all people suffering from the savegame bug when playing the PMC Baltic Command campaign: Because I did not get the savegame bug in the Abandoned Armies mission from Thobson anymore after playing it only on an unmodified island, I never had to try out his last-resort-workaround. But I applied his method on PMC Baltic Command and it worked. Basically you can play and save as you wish; just after exiting the game, make sure to:

rename the three savegame files autosave.fps (comes from the radio save option), save.fps (its the one savegame you get by default in OFP) and continue.fps (what you get when you hit Escape and Abort) to something like

autosavenix.fps, savenix.fps and continuenix.fps.

To do this open the folder within OFP containing user data. There look for the PMC BAltic Command folder. Inside are the three savegames, provided you saved in all three ways of course.

Then start the mission again from the beginning. As soon as you are in the mission, press ALT and TAB. Rename all three saves to their correct names. Go back to the game via Task symbol and press load or continue. I tried it this morning. It worked for me.

tourist