Sign in to follow this  
Zim

this game is impossible to find

hello all

I live in quebec canada and i have been trying to get the game since its release but failed miserably crazy_o.gif

it wasnt until 2day that I decided to order it from the atari website. I'm a huge fan of the original OFP and just think its a shame that this great game is so hard to find in some countries.. i really think its a waste of customers/$$ for BI

I know 3 people (freinds) for sure who wont be getting the game because of this issue they wont bother oder it or get it via direct to drive.. hopefully with me getting soon might change their opinions tounge2.gif

i first thought about getting the download version from atari but then heard about all the activation problems..bah! hehehe

did any1 else get any problems finding the game?

anyways... cant wait to play online with u all biggrin_o.gif

There's a good reason this game is hard to find. Once you play it, you'll know.

Hi,

I live in Montreal and I did not find the game yet…

The situation was already mentioned. wink_o.gif

''Why is it impossible to find this game in Canada?''

ow didnt see that post, I also live in montreal i think i went to every gaming store on that island lool gave up and ordered it online.. i usually hate ordering online.. had problems in the past and promised my self i would never do it again.. guess arma is worth braking the promise biggrin_o.gif

I live in Vermont,USA.Montreal is like 35 miles away from me.Burlington Vermont USA most likely has it which is about 35 miles from me.Your also close to Plattsburg NY.

Could drive to USA to buy

You would think that a city like Montreal would surely have it tho.

I had to go to 5 diffrent stores and even then it got their a week after it officaly came out for the states.

There's a good reason this game is hard to find. Once you play it, you'll know.

That its the best game of all time?

Yes I think you do now don't you ? I think we need one to go to Canada now.Its been at least a year since I went.

Guess I gotta get something together. Gotta take the kids to Parc Safari again

I remember walking into Electronics Boutique (in Ontario), and asking Mr Pimples at the counter if he had any copies of Armed Assault in stock. He checked on his computer and said "nope".

Then I glanced at the shelves a few feet over and there it was on the shelf. I had forgotten that the game was annoyingly renamed to "Combat Operations" in North America, so naturally "Armed Assault" comes up blank at the store. Yeah it was my fault, and I'm not suggesting that's what happened in this case, but I wonder how many North American customers phoned around trying to find "Armed Assault" and figured nobody had it in stock (coz technically nobody does), even though there are lots of copies on the shelves.

cant go to the states.. i'm wanted there!!!

LOL just joking.. problems is i need to renew may passport and even if I do I almost dont have time to do it..well at least for just a game

I decided to order it via atari.. ofcourse not the "direct to drive" version since i would hate to wait for some1 to send me a new key every time i spend my keys.

the whole point of my post was mostly that its sad to see such a good game being underestimated/ignored by popular stores.. and its not because its availble to order online that it means people will order it.. like I said some of my freinds wont bother getting it.. its not because they dont like it.. some of them kinda fear ordering stuff i guess.. they are all OFP veterans.

its a waste of profit for BIs .. less cash means less support for us, in the end we are all losing in some away. wink_o.gif

just my thought about it.

Two weeks ago I was in the Blackstone Valley Shops in Millbury, Massachusetts where a GameStop store is located.  Out of curiosity I decided to check and see if they had any copies of ArmA in stock and it turned out that they did have one copy in stock for $39.99 USD.

Pretty much sucks for Canadians. I know a few good Canadian players. Awesome people. You know how much of a killing youd make if you mass bought this game and sold it up there huh.gif

Not in a illegal way but u know a productive thing, like a small shop.

Bang bang money pistols.gifyay.gif