Sign in to follow this  
TheReddog

NVG Bug!

Hello, just encountered a bug with the NVG's last night. Was playing an MP coop mission in a night time map and as I was using my NVG's whenever I turned my head in certain directions the NVG would flicker rapidly black and then on again. Then eventually stopped working altogether. I would have the monocular circle field of view still but no night vision (ie. everything looked as if I had them off and I couldn't see shit).

Anyone else experienced this?

Hello, just encountered a bug with the NVG's last night. Was playing an MP coop mission in a night time map and as I was using my NVG's whenever I turned my head in certain directions the NVG would flicker rapidly black and then on again. Then eventually stopped working altogether. I would have the monocular circle field of view still but no night vision (ie. everything looked as if I had them off and I couldn't see shit).

Anyone else experienced this?

I've never experienced that, but perhaps someone in the troubleshooting forum has. There are a few 1.08 threads there you could look at.

There is a Night Vision Goggles bug, but for me it was easily fixed. Sometimes it happened when I started up the game, sometimes it didn't. When I did notice the flickering, I Alt+Tabbed out of the game and Alt+Tabbed back in and then it was just fine. Try that out see if it works for you.

I think this is part of the texture loading problems that sometimes occur. Instead of Alt-Tabbing, you can use the new FLUSH 'cheat':

Hold Left Shift and numpad minus, release, then type FLUSH.

That should clear the VRAM and load everything again, same effect as Alt-Tabbing.

Try the post processing settings. And btw, were you on the I think OGN server in Oz? Someone had the same problem I think.

Try the post processing settings. And btw, were you on the I think OGN server in Oz? Someone had the same problem I think.

Yep that was me mate, I had cut down 15 of those northern sahrani bastards before my NVG's failed mad_o.gif

Problem is even if the flush thing works it's hardly practical in the middle of a shootout whistle.gif

Problem is even if the flush thing works it's hardly practical in the middle of a shootout whistle.gif

Yea I know, but it's still better than an alt-tab.