Sign in to follow this  
revenicus

reckless driver?

when soldiers are driving cars they are too nice, how can you make them be reckless, to basically ignore all AI and just drive.

For instance an arms dealer hears gunshots and needs to escape in his car as fast as he can.

Hmm, although I wouldn't know how to make someone do anything based on a gunshot going off in a certain radius.

This i would like to know too.

The AI driving should be improved, it's awful how they are allways almost stopping at every little turn.

Even if you set the setSpeedMode to "FULL", it won't help too much.

I think that AI driving is little better than before (than it was in 1.0 - 1.05), but its still far away from how it should be.

I tried everything i could think about, setSpeedMode, setBehaviour, setFormation, setWhatever, nothing helps.

Maybe the FSM can save the day, but i doubt it (although it could help with the issue of drivers leaving vehicle when under fire - instead of drive or run away, they disembark and lie down! :-)).

Even in OFP the drivers were driving much faster (if you set the speed mode to FULL).

I hope that this will be better one day, but i doubt it (it's a shooter, a war game, not a driving simulator - i am afraid that this argument will be used as an excuse to let it be as it is).

Check out the Mando Chaser script by Mandoble:

http://www.ofpec.com/index.p....29119.0

You can force a vehicle to drive anywhere at any speed via these scripts. I wouldn't try and use it all the time to override AI driving (which admittedly sucks), but I would use it when you need to script something special like running down pedestrians, crashing through a roadblock, driving over a cliff, forcing to vehicles to collide, etc.