Sign in to follow this  
Dysentery

Enabling Hardware Acceleraion

What should I do if the game does not allow me to enable my hardware acceleration? I have a soundblaster audigy 2z sound card. No clue why I can't. suggestions?

I think id rather have it on because i cant hear the direction of the crackling of gunfire as well apparently because of this.

I think id rather have it on because i cant hear the direction of the crackling of gunfire as well apparently because of this.

HW sound acceleration only works if your sound card supports at least 64 simultaneous sound channels.

I can enable hardware acceleration with my audigy pro 4, and I've got a 7 speaker sound system hooked up to this, but having a horrible time with the directional sound. Gun shots and vehicle sounds are not coming from one specific direction, they're impossible to tell where it's coming from. Have I got something set up incorrectly?

HW sound acceleration only works if your sound card supports at least 64 simultaneous sound channels.

Well does the soundblaster audigy 2z support 64 channels? Nobody has really attempted to answer my question I hope someone does .......... I want to have the best sound I can.

Just confirming that hardware acceleration does indeed work with Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS (using latest v02.09.0016 drivers). Although, when I turn on EAX, it sounds horrible and muffled - I leave EAX off.

HW accelleration does work for my Audigy 2 ZS, gaining a couple of FPS. The soundscape changes ever so slightly.

Turning EAX on makes everything sound like it is underwater. I'm not sure what other soundcards hear with EAX on, but I assume it is not the desired sound design, so I have reported it as a bug.

my directional sound and EAX runs OK on my X-FI

is it just me? huh.gif

EAX muffle bug

Can anybody with working EAX please listen to the sample (~90kb) attached to this bug and confirm this is not what ArmA should sound like?

Could any other people with non-working EAX users confirm that this is the same muffled effect they get.

after testing for an hour i find it happen time to time, but not always, i think it need to be look on, add vote